Advanced learner loan for HE diploma

Watch this thread
Musicgirl97
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there, I was wondering would i still be able to apply for an advanced learner loan for a Access to HE diploma, even though I have had 1 advanced learner loan previously?

Will I also still be able to get funding for a BA hons degree once I get to university as well?
SFE Aaron
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Musicgirl97)
Hi there, I was wondering would i still be able to apply for an advanced learner loan for a Access to HE diploma, even though I have had 1 advanced learner loan previously?

Will I also still be able to get funding for a BA hons degree once I get to university as well?
Hi, what qualification did you gain when you last had an Advanced Learner Loan? Also have you ever studied in Higher Education? Thanks, Aaron.
Musicgirl97
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Aaron)
Hi, what qualification did you gain when you last had an Advanced Learner Loan? Also have you ever studied in Higher Education? Thanks, Aaron.
Hi Aaron, I gained a level 3 extended Diploma in Animal management (City&Guilds) and this was in 2017. By higher education you mean studying a degree? no I have never studied a degree or been to university.
SFE Aaron
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi Aaron, I gained a level 3 extended Diploma in Animal management (City&Guilds) and this was in 2017. By higher education you mean studying a degree? no I have never studied a degree or been to university.
Hi, as long as the course is approved by the skills Funding Agency (SFA) then this will be something we can fund for you. Also if you don’t have any previous study in Higher Education (degree level) then we won’t take any previous study funded by Advanced Learner Loan into account and you would have the course funded. Thanks, Aaron.
Musicgirl97
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Aaron)
Hi, as long as the course is approved by the skills Funding Agency (SFA) then this will be something we can fund for you. Also if you don’t have any previous study in Higher Education (degree level) then we won’t take any previous study funded by Advanced Learner Loan into account and you would have the course funded. Thanks, Aaron.
Thanks so much for the information. Also, if I were to decide to take a 4 year degree (Hons degree with foundation year). Would I be able to get funding if I decided to take a masters degree after the 4 years undergraduate degree? Or would I be unable to do that?
SFE Andrew
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks so much for the information. Also, if I were to decide to take a 4 year degree (Hons degree with foundation year). Would I be able to get funding if I decided to take a masters degree after the 4 years undergraduate degree? Or would I be unable to do that?
Hi there,

You can apply for a Post Graduate Loan after your undergraduate study, as long as you were studying for a level 7 Masters qualification.

Thanks, Andy
Musicgirl97
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Andrew)
Hi there,

You can apply for a Post Graduate Loan after your undergraduate study, as long as you were studying for a level 7 Masters qualification.

Thanks, Andy
Thank you, that’s cleared everything up that I needed to know thank you ☺️.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (167)
40.73%
The paper was reasonable (186)
45.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (36)
8.78%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
5.12%

Watched Threads