Why people hate the idea of differences in intelligence? Watch

bspercy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I could understand this at surface level as differentiation in intelligence in humans seems so arbitrary because for example, if you have a high IQ, it's not as if you deserve it but IQ has a fair amount of environmental componentry to it. An intelligent human by definition is someone who is well adapted to its' surrounding, and since our brains are engineered for exploratory behaviourism, then it is clear that we are able to alter our IQ or at least our parents can provide the optimal environmental conditions during childhood for us to be well cognitively developed. If you have poorly developed mentally, it is merely a consequence of bad exposure to your environment, and also possibly a consequence of nul-knowledge on how humans are neurologically wired. I'm not referring to crystallised intelligence but fluid intelligence specifically: you can be intellectual but stupid asf when you explore your surrounding.
Last edited by bspercy; 3 weeks ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think most people do, they tend to dislike people that endlessly bleat on about it (and this site is FULL of people doing that). Mostly because it's one dimensional as ****.
bspercy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I don't think most people do, they tend to dislike people that endlessly bleat on about it (and this site is FULL of people doing that). Mostly because it's one dimensional as ****.
IQ is 1-dimensional yes but actual intelligence is infinitely dimensional and no other component of personality predicts life success better.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bspercy)
IQ is 1-dimensional yes but actual intelligence is infinitely dimensional and no other component of personality predicts life success better.
No, banging the **** on about it is one-dimensional.

Where I live, it'd get you chinned. Half this site could do with that, tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads