I want to transfer to a UK University but...? Watch

boundlessea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm an international student in my first year at a University home, and I'm looking into both, Leeds and Kent to transfer during my second year. There's one problem: I can't find details for transferring and I'm so confused. Am I supposed to do it through UCAS or e-mail my department there? Any help would be much appreciated.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by boundlessea)
I'm an international student in my first year at a University home, and I'm looking into both, Leeds and Kent to transfer during my second year. There's one problem: I can't find details for transferring and I'm so confused. Am I supposed to do it through UCAS or e-mail my department there? Any help would be much appreciated.
Email the department you want to transfer to, and they will inform you of their procedures and entry requirements.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you read the Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum? The first post explains what you need to do.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should initially phone or email the Admissions departments of the Unis you wish to transfer to to check that they have vacancies and are willing to accept transfers into Year 2 (they will want to know the details of your previous academic study, including how well you are performing at your current Uni). It is likely that you will only be able to transfer if your current course is very similar in terms of modules to the new one.

If they agree to a transfer, they will probably require you to complete a UCAS form, but first steps first.
Student Rep Phil
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey boundlessea,

I just had a chat with someone from the admissions team regarding your query. You are able to transfer but will need to let them know which course you are looking to transfer to as each one will have a different entry requirement.

Heres what you need to do:

- Follow this link to find the course that you are looking to apply for and take note of its name and UCAS code: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/

- Then send an email to [email protected] regarding your situation, including information of where you are currently studying and the course + course code that you would like to transfer to. They should be able to take it from there and tell you about the formal procedures. Alternatively, you could call the admissions team on: +44 (0) 1227 768896 if you prefer!

Hope this helps.
Do let me know if you have any other questions!

Phil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads