The Student Room Group

What happens if I FAIL EPQ? (Extended Project)

Basically I just can't do my EPQ anymore but it's compulsory at my school so dropping it isn't an option. If I fail it will it affect my uni application?

Say I get predicted AAAA (one being an AS) will universities like Oxford and Cambridge care that I failed my EPQ course?
A lot of unis don’t consider your EPQ. However, if you are made an offer where having an EPQ allows you to receive lower grade conditions, failing it may affect your chance of getting in- if you fail to meet the conditions then you won’t receive your place.
Reply 2
Original post by RD1309
Basically I just can't do my EPQ anymore but it's compulsory at my school so dropping it isn't an option. If I fail it will it affect my uni application?

Say I get predicted AAAA (one being an AS) will universities like Oxford and Cambridge care that I failed my EPQ course?

Neither Oxford nor Cambridge include an EPQ in an offer.

You, or ideally your referee, can explain you decided not to complete it. It won't be material to the rest of your application.

By the way AAA predictions won't be enough for any course at Cambridge - they ask A*AA for most arts & humanities, or A*A*A for most sciences.
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Neither Oxford nor Cambridge include an EPQ in an offer.

You, or ideally your referee, can explain you decided not to complete it. It won't be material to the rest of your application.

By the way AAA predictions won't be enough for any course at Cambridge - they ask A*AA for most arts & humanities, or A*A*A for most sciences.

Thanks for your answer! I don't have a valid reason for not completing EPQ so would universities care that I've failed a whole qualification or will they not even look at it.

Oh yes, that is true. I just meant if my other A-level grades alone were outstanding, would it have a negative impact to have failed EPQ.
Reply 4
Original post by RD1309
Thanks for your answer! I don't have a valid reason for not completing EPQ so would universities care that I've failed a whole qualification or will they not even look at it.

Oh yes, that is true. I just meant if my other A-level grades alone were outstanding, would it have a negative impact to have failed EPQ.

No, it's fine :smile: but why can't you just finish it? It could be an easy C or B...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending