If May suddenly called a general election , who would you vote for? Watch

Pachuco
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jddddd)
They did say that, it was very clear. Why isn't it good enough? Do you like everyone in the world despite their character or personality?
I vote for whichever party's policies I prefer.

Obviously a troll, makes perfect sense.
No. We aren't voting for role models and likeability can mean anything.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd probably vote Conservative, but not with any real enthusiasm.
jddddd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pachuco)
I vote for whichever party's policies I prefer.

No. We aren't voting for role models and likeability can mean anything.
They are a representative of the UK, yes I want someone whose character and demeanour is positive and not negative, says a lot about the country and could inflict trust issues and damage chances of or the likely hood of getting any, or a, good trade deal, positive relations and a person who has bad character could damage tourism.
Pachuco
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They are a representative of the UK, yes I want someone whose character and demeanour is positive and not negative, says a lot about the country and could inflict trust issues and damage chances of or the likely hood of getting any, or a, good trade deal, positive relations and a person who has bad character could damage tourism.
Would you vote for a party led by a 'likeable' politician even though you disagreed with the majority of their party's policies?
jddddd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would you vote for a party led by a 'likeable' politician even though you disagreed with the majority of their party's policies?
No why would I do that? Nor have I said anything like that. I vote based on policies and the likability of the leader. Not one way or the other, I wouldn't vote.
Hey1234567888656
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's not we are saying we are just saying it has a big factor to play, and you keep going on about it because it is the only way you can create a legitimate argument.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
UKIP, Brexit Party or Labour.
B0ND
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would vote, if I could, for May as Jeremy Corbyn is a d*** who puts party above country. In my personal opinion may is doing well. She is negationating in tough conditions with the Irish backstop and she is having even more tiroble as our mps can't realise that a no deal is our bargaining chip and if We rule it out we lose all leverage on negotiations. If we stop we shall be stuck forever and will have to accept the eu army and other stuff like that from people we don't vote for even though our ancestors dies for us to be free and have out say democratically. Corbyn doesn't want to leave and will stop it at all costs, he hasn't a clue what he is doing.I'm just 15 though so ignore me
insouciancedward
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FemaleinDress)
I would vote Labour.
Conservative. May's the worst prime minister I can remember (and I'm older than most of you), but I think that Corbyn's an equally hopeless leader, his views on foreign policy are a catastrophe waiting to happen and putting John McDonnell in the treasury would be the worst thing to happen to this country for decades.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Labour. For all their faults they are the only party hwo are serious about providing much needed funding to our public services.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No one. I don't follow politics as it just creates divide between the people.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Monster Raving Loony :yep:
They are the only trustworthy ones at this point.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Davij038)
UKIP, Brexit Party or Labour.
Interesting mix
insouciancedward
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Labour. For all their faults they are the only party hwo are serious about providing much needed funding to our public services.
There'll be an abundance of tax revenue to spend on public services after they've created a hostile environment for businesses, who'll probably decide they're better off moving their operations elsewhere. Renationalised rail/utilities industries won't make the state apparatus an even more bloated, bureaucratic, inefficient money pit than is already the case...

Then again, moot points really. Anybody who's seen more than one general election knows that campaign promises and manifesto pledges are worth as much as second hand toilet paper.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lib dem like i did last time - i enjoy pissing my right wing father off
Hey1234567888656
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by insouciancedward)
There'll be an abundance of tax revenue to spend on public services after they've created a hostile environment for businesses, who'll probably decide they're better off moving their operations elsewhere. Renationalised rail/utilities industries won't make the state apparatus an even more bloated, bureaucratic, inefficient money pit than is already the case...

Then again, moot points really. Anybody who's seen more than one general election knows that campaign promises and manifesto pledges are worth as much as second hand toilet paper.
I couldn't agree more, well said.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
UKIP, or some Christian party that'll never win
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Conservative.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
SNP, Mostly as I live in Scotland, the others generally sicken me.
blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hey1234567888656)
Tell me one of his good policies or likeable traits, pleaseI'mm open to changing my point of view.
Well, I can tell you that he was always involved in my community. Not even joking, he used to come to shows my primary school would put on (he's good friends with my primary head who was a lovely man who put his heart and soul into that primary school), he was around at my secondary school too, often making appearances and being generally actually interested in the community. When I was at primary school my class got chosen to go to parliament and ask him questions so he took time out of his day to be there for us kids. I know his name from the age of 10 because he was always around. Never heard of any other mp as a kid growing up, just him. I think he genuinely cares about his cause. I believe he is an genuine man, and honestly cares about his cause. He's proved himself to me personally, I feel confident in him and would vote him. Most of the kids in my area feel the same way, I remember everyone talking about it when we were in year 12.

Sorry if this isn't political enough for you, but you did say to tell of any likeable traits. These are so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads