Can I apply to med school with grades that I achieved from last year? (and other Q's) Watch

tzukeeper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm in the process of 2019 entry for sheffield, newcastle, birmingham and leicester. I've been rejected post interview from sheffield and newcastle so i'm kinda panicking right now over what the worst case scenario would be. Still waiting on post interview news from birmingham and leicester (I know that birmingham and leicester don't take reapplications so I'm bricking it honestly...).

In the worst case scenario I was considering taking a gap year to massively improve on my application, but the thing is, I'm confident I can get the required A level grades this year. Would I be able to apply after my gap year with grades that I've achieved this year or are they invalid if they arent acquired in the year of application? or is it different between each school? And since I can't reapply to birmingham and leicester would I be able to apply to other schools after the gap year, would this still be considered deferred entry considering I'e applied to other schools before and failed? I'm guessing these won't be taken as "reapplications" since I haven't technically applied to them before?

I reckon none of these are too easy to answer since they're probably different for every school..
Last edited by tzukeeper; 3 weeks ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tzukeeper)
I'm in the process of 2019 entry for sheffield, newcastle, birmingham and leicester. I've been rejected post interview from sheffield and newcastle so i'm kinda panicking right now over what the worst case scenario would be. Still waiting on post interview news from birmingham and leicester (I know that birmingham and leicester don't take reapplications so I'm bricking it honestly...).

In the worst case scenario I was considering taking a gap year to massively improve on my application, but the thing is, I'm confident I can get the required A level grades this year. Would I be able to apply after my gap year with grades that I've achieved this year or arent they valid if they arent acquired in the year of application? or is it different between each school? And since I can't reapply to birmingham and leicester would I be able to apply to other schools after the gap year, would this still be considered deferred entry considering I'e applied to other schools before and failed?

I reckon none of these are too easy to answer since they're probably different for every school..
It's very simple. Yes, you can apply next year using grades obtained this year.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tzukeeper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
It's very simple. Yes, you can apply next year using grades obtained this year.
Thanks for your quick reply!

Just wanted to clarify this is for all schools correct? And also is this correct for applying to new unis other than the ones I've previously applied for. Would they be classed as deferred entry or reapplication or both?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tzukeeper)
Thanks for your quick reply!

Just wanted to clarify this is for all schools correct? And also is this correct for applying to new unis other than the ones I've previously applied for. Would they be classed as deferred entry or reapplication or both?
Unless a medical school specifically states you can't apply there 2 years running (which you say is the case with Birmingham and Leicester) then you can apply wherever you like. It wouldn't be deferred entry but would be a reapplication, which happens to hundreds of students every year.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mvdinternation
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is too easy! You can apply next year.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads