How hard is the IB? Watch

Kinguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in my first year of A levels but am changing to school abroad which does the international baccalaureate.How hard is the IB comparing to regular A levels?Right now I'm doing geography, psychology and applied science, however since I'm changing school, I'm going to change my subjects as I able to chose a different career ath for myself. The subjects I'm considering are biology and chemistry at a higher level (cuz veterinary science and zoology are a ***** 😂) and maths is compulsory. I don't know about the other 3 subjects yet tho. So does anyone have any experience with both the IB and A levels and how much harder is the IB comparing to a level??
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinguin)
I'm in my first year of A levels but am changing to school abroad which does the international baccalaureate.How hard is the IB comparing to regular A levels?Right now I'm doing geography, psychology and applied science, however since I'm changing school, I'm going to change my subjects as I able to chose a different career ath for myself. The subjects I'm considering are biology and chemistry at a higher level (cuz veterinary science and zoology are a ***** 😂) and maths is compulsory. I don't know about the other 3 subjects yet tho. So does anyone have any experience with both the IB and A levels and how much harder is the IB comparing to a level??
Apparently the IB is supposed to be pretty hard - and universities seem to have stricter grade requirements in general for the IB than A Levels. Don't worry though, if you keep up your studying and stuff you'll do great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads