CactusBeeb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok-- so its halfway through year 12 and its the devising mock. im in a group with a workshy idiot who stares at memes all day and it useless, a kid who is really good at drama but only cares about stanislavski (despite not understanding him) and a guy who had to pick it because he had no other options who keeps telling us to slow down even though we are behind

None of them do anything
They dont check the group chat
they dont do research
they dont do homework
they only work when the teacher literally forces them to
They wont actually apply Berkoffs techniques, theyre only saying that theyre doing berkoff because miss told them to
Im doing all the work to the point where i have my own separate powerpoint (from the group one which is 16slides of my work and 8 slides of their combines work) with all the research all the scenes, everything and for homework we had to create our character and a scene each.

im scared that none of them have done it and i need someone to read through the script i wrote to know if its any good

But most importantly i need to know how to get them to DO SOMETHING!!!!
ive told the teacher, ive told the head of 6th form, i dont know what to do, maybe go to the head teacher like---???????
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly I think you just need to roll with it. When this powerpoint is due in I think you should give the teacher both the powerpoints to prove much little work they have done and how much work you have done. You can't force people to work sadly but you can show them how it's done. So keep aiming high and go to your teacher again to explain how you are worried this will effect your grade. Hope this helps~
Battah18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ask if you can change groups or just continually tell the teacher or the head of drama until you piss them off so much that they either get ur group sorted or move you to a different group. I was in the same situation for my GCSE Devising piece and once i told the teacher everything was fine
(Original post by CactusBeeb)Ok-- so its halfway through year 12 and its the devising mock. im in a group with a workshy idiot who stares at memes all day and it useless, a kid who is really good at drama but only cares about stanislavski (despite not understanding him) and a guy who had to pick it because he had no other options who keeps telling us to slow down even though we are behind

None of them do anything
They dont check the group chat
they dont do research
they dont do homework
they only work when the teacher literally forces them to
They wont actually apply Berkoffs techniques, theyre only saying that theyre doing berkoff because miss told them to
Im doing all the work to the point where i have my own separate powerpoint (from the group one which is 16slides of my work and 8 slides of their combines work) with all the research all the scenes, everything and for homework we had to create our character and a scene each.

im scared that none of them have done it and i need someone to read through the script i wrote to know if its any good

But most importantly i need to know how to get them to DO SOMETHING!!!!
ive told the teacher, ive told the head of 6th form, i dont know what to do, maybe go to the head teacher like---???????
s
CactusBeeb
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoftGingerCat)
I honestly I think you just need to roll with it. When this powerpoint is due in I think you should give the teacher both the powerpoints to prove much little work they have done and how much work you have done. You can't force people to work sadly but you can show them how it's done. So keep aiming high and go to your teacher again to explain how you are worried this will effect your grade. Hope this helps~
thing is ive done this and ive sent her both powerpoints and she has tried her best . because the final product is being graded, if one of them messes up or the writing is bad then it will destroy my grade
CactusBeeb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Battah18)
ask if you can change groups or just continually tell the teacher or the head of drama until you piss them off so much that they either get ur group sorted or move you to a different group. I was in the same situation for my GCSE Devising piece and once i told the teacher everything was fine
i would do but its a class of 4, there are no other options
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads