The Student Room Group

I.T. Access Course?

So I'm 22 years old, only educated to GCSE level. I could do any number of access courses, however I can't seem to find any courses for I.T. related degrees?

I'm wondering how I could fast track going into university. I could spend two years in college studying, but that would mean I'd be almost 25 starting a 3 year degree, in an industry that values young blood.

Any suggestions? Do you think a university would take me on with a different access qualification?
I did an access course in business and IT and got offers from all Russel groups to study politics and international relations. I’m now currently at a Russel group uni. With IT, they may want an access course with maths. Look at the entry reqs of the unis you want to get into on the course pages.
Original post by Wazzare
So I'm 22 years old, only educated to GCSE level. I could do any number of access courses, however I can't seem to find any courses for I.T. related degrees?

I'm wondering how I could fast track going into university. I could spend two years in college studying, but that would mean I'd be almost 25 starting a 3 year degree, in an industry that values young blood.

Any suggestions? Do you think a university would take me on with a different access qualification?

https://ava.accesstohe.ac.uk/SubSites/PublicSearch/search.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending