username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
T Levels are new courses coming in September 2020, which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to 3 A Levels. These 2-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.

T Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of around 3 months. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-t-levels

It's similar to apprenticeships but articles claim that there will be a greater emphasis on developing skills in the classroom. There will be courses on digital and construction industries in 2020 however the number of courses (engineering, finance, health and science) will increase by 2023.

What do you think? Will this discourage more students from taking up apprenticeships or A levels? Will it be safe for young people? Are the number of courses provided so far limited? Share your thoughts.
halsx11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So will it affect the people that are doing GCSEs now?!
JaredzzC
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by halsx11)
So will it affect the people that are doing GCSEs now?!
Not for those taking it this year, the courses are set to start in 2020.

It won't have any impact on your current GCSE studies - it's an alternative option for post-16 education, so AFTER your GCSEs.
halsx11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JaredzzC)
Not for those taking it this year, the courses are set to start in 2020.

It won't have any impact on your current GCSE studies - it's an alternative option for post-16 education, so AFTER your GCSEs.
Oh so I’m not affected then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads