Why is the UK isis bride getting so much crap for saying.... Watch

TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
She said that the Manchester bombing was no worse than the bombings in Syria that resulted in a bunch of children dying ...some being burnt alive.

How is she wrong? I understand the intention was to kill ISIS members but if I try and kill someone and end up killing an innocent child I’m going to jail for the rest of my life ...no?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheJohnM)
She said that the Manchester bombing was no worse than the bombings in Syria that resulted in a bunch of children dying ...some being burnt alive.

How is she wrong? I understand the intention was to kill ISIS members but if I try and kill someone and end up killing an innocent child I’m going to jail for the rest of my life ...no?
Maybe because one was a terrorist attack that deliberately targeted civilians to cause maximum damage and there were no armed combatants or conflict.

Maybe the other was an armed conflict, where members of a death cult deliberatley use human shields and hide amongst civilians to protect themselves. the forces concerned are not targeting civilians. Said civilians are given the opportunity to evacuate. I can see how you get confused at those pesky Ariana Grande fans.
Captain Holt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Maybe because one was a terrorist attack that deliberately targeted civilians to cause maximum damage and there were no armed combatants or conflict.

Maybe the other was an armed conflict, where members of a death cult deliberatley use human shields and hide amongst civilians to protect themselves. the forces concerned are not targeting civilians. Said civilians are given the opportunity to evacuate. I can see how you get easily confused at those pesky Ariana Grande fans.
Wtf are you on about? How on earth can you possibly compare the Manchester bombing To anything we’re doing in Syria or the Middle East?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Captain Holt)
Wtf are you on about? How on earth can you possibly compare the Manchester bombing To anything we’re doing in Syria or the Middle East?
Maybe try engaging your brain and reading the OP instead of tagging me.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ouch and yes.
Captain Holt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh **** I’m sorry, ngl was a bit drunk and now that I’ve read it I’ve realised that I was being an idiot, your post makes sense now😅
bilal.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheJohnM)

It's one thing killing civilians by mistake, but when you attack a country with carpet bombing on the pretext of 'fighting terror' while the real reason is to make fat cats fatter (the most evil reason in the world; just imagine, you're already a billionaire but you attack innocent people to get even richer), and you know that with carpet bombing inevitably thousands of children/civilians will die, this is in a sense deliberate murder.

This is much worse than the deliberate retaliation targeting of 20-50 civilians due to the reasons behind the killings and the numbers that die

People who turn a blind eye to this and regurgitate the media propaganda are complicit and evil too 😧
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh **** I’m sorry, ngl was a bit drunk and now that I’ve read it I’ve realised that I was being an idiot, your post makes sense now😅
Yikes!
Something I learnt a while ago... don't mix alcohol and posting 👍😁
Captain Holt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Yikes!
Something I learnt a while ago... don't mix alcohol and posting 👍😁
Wish I’d known that before😂😅
shymm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, the conflicts that countries have witnessed in Syria etc is awful. Men and women have watched their innocent children blown to bits their, their wives raped and so much injustice caused by countries from the west. I am a pacifist I don’t except war- for the fact that innocent people do die and are targeted, so radicalism does increase during these times because people get angry and are easily led astray. I don’t agree with terrorism or the terrorists- I think it is awful and disgusting, but countries like our own haven’t made the situation better.. I guess you can look at it from both sides. But I don’t understand by British born people would join who have never set foot in the countries, do they have the same amount of pain or do they agree with the radical ideology ?
Last edited by shymm; 3 weeks ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because they are not comparable.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol no worries. I was just replying to the sick idiot OP who is trying to lay down or justify the Manchester bombing. They always come out of the woodwork on TSR.
Last edited by 999tigger; 3 weeks ago
Captain Holt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol no worries. I was just replying to the sick idiot OP who is trying to lay down or justify the Manchester bombing. They always come out of the woodwork on TSR.
Yeah I get you, now that I’m not drunk af I agree with you.
Abu 'Abdullah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by shymm)
Yes, the conflicts that countries have witnessed in Syria etc is awful. Men and women have watched their innocent children blown to bits their, their wives raped and so much injustice caused by countries from the west. I am a pacifist I don’t except war- for the fact that innocent people do die and are targeted, so radicalism does increase during these times because people get angry and are easily led astray. I don’t agree with terrorism or the terrorists- I think it is awful and disgusting, but countries like our own haven’t made the situation better.. I guess you can look at it from both sides. But I don’t understand by British born people would join who have never set foot in the countries, do they have the same amount of pain or do they agree with the radical ideology ?
Hi Shymm

I'll try and answer your question in a concise but multiple reasons way for there are indeed not just one reason.

The number 1 reason (most Muslims go for this reason) why Muslims from different countries go to join jihadi groups is to defend civilians that the 'enemy" is killing, for example we've seen how the foes of these jihadi groups engaged in killing lots of Muslim/Sunni civilians before the jihad gained momentum, foes such as Shiite groups in Iraq, the assadists in Syria etc etc.

Ofcourse when masses of civilians continue to die and the world does nothing, Muslims would feel they themselves would have to do something

In regards to isis, a casual look into their practices and beliefs would have alerted any Muslims to their deviant nature, but some can fall for almost any arguments/rationales and 'evidences' presented by extremist groups so this is why a number of Muslims have joined them

Isis evolved into a Caliphate group and that is what attracted some western Muslims as there is a belief amongst Muslims that to establish the caliphate is an obligatory duty upon Muslims.

Isis had a 'defence' attraction to them too in that, with so much oppression against Muslims world wide, some Muslims felt that only a 'superpower' caliphate will be able to defend against the technologically superior enemy forces
Last edited by Abu 'Abdullah; 3 weeks ago
Abu 'Abdullah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Retaliation on innocent civilians is never right, so what is this rationale they use to do it?

Listen straight from the horses mouth jihadi jack explain it https://youtu.be/Gvbfpcsgj8M
KainsBanes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To understand why a statement like that would annoy people, you have to ask why she would make such a comparison and whether the two events are remotely comparible. The answers to both boil down to her not denouncing ISIS and only really wanting to return to the UK due to her situation with ISIS going downhill and having given birth to her third baby.
username459090
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Look you communist. The agenda is that the UK defeats the east. If you’re not going to support this than you should move to the east. Stop being uncooperative. UK should NEVER be bombed, only a unpatriotic communist thinks that. You are an enemy of the state.
username459090
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She hates the UK so the UK hates her. Simple and fair. Now leave it.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bilal.)
It's one thing killing civilians by mistake, but when you attack a country with carpet bombing on the pretext of 'fighting terror' while the real reason is to make fat cats fatter (the most evil reason in the world; just imagine, you're already a billionaire but you attack innocent people to get even richer), and you know that with carpet bombing inevitably thousands of children/civilians will die, this is in a sense deliberate murder.

This is much worse than the deliberate retaliation targeting of 20-50 civilians due to the reasons behind the killings and the numbers that die

People who turn a blind eye to this and regurgitate the media propaganda are complicit and evil too 😧
It isn't carpet bombing, it is precision strikes. They are completely different tactics.

To put it into perspective a carpet bombing run carried out by a formation of 6 B-52s would flatted an area 1km wide and 3km long, that would cover the City of London.

The last time we saw carpet bombing used was during Vietnam (1965-1972), however the 1977 Protocol I was passed for the Geneva convention making carpet bombing of towns, cities or anywhere with a concentration of civilians a war crime. As such it is no longer carried out.

Don't just regurgitate whatever media source you read, educate yourself on the facts.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bilal.)

Where have they employed carpet bombing against civilian tragets? Give examples.
If the fighters are cowards and use human shields, then they are difficult to fight against as they know hence very restrictive rules of engagement and spending on very expensive weapons.

The russians dont have that problem.

Nice justification for terrorists attacks though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (86)
15.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (172)
30.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed