Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i want to start revising for AQA english literature but am unsure how :/
how do you guys revise??
mdnvmpr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chickennuggiez)i want to start revising for AQA english literature but am unsure how :/
how do you guys revise??

Past paper practise is literally the most important thing you need for revision.
Rereading your texts and your notes and building quotation banks is all really useful for familiarity, but doing paper practise and looking through examiner reports is the most effective way for you to revise
chickennuggiez
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
thank you! how do you make notes? do you just type a list and memorize? it didnt really work for me
mdnvmpr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chickennuggiez)
thank you! how do you make notes? do you just type a list and memorize? it didnt really work for me
I sort of ya a mixture of methods. In class I’ll just have stuff written on my texts, and then some quotes in my book with deeper analysis.

if you’re revising I think the best thing to do is write out all of the quotes you can remmeber, and then go through your notes and add to this by finding the important ones you missed. you can do this in a number of ways eg some people just like lists, some people benefit more from mindmaps or flowcharts. I think a mix of them all will help.

overall, watching revision videos and rereading parts of the texts or watching your texts in performance on YouTube, tv etc will help entrain the story in your mind and remember where the quotes occur and they’ll be easier to recall, at least that’s what has worked for me!
mdnvmpr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mdnvmpr)I sort of ya a mixture of methods. In class I’ll just have stuff written on my texts, and then some quotes in my book with deeper analysis.

if you’re revising I think the best thing to do is write out all of the quotes you can remmeber, and then go through your notes and add to this by finding the important ones you missed. you can do this in a number of ways eg some people just like lists, some people benefit more from mindmaps or flowcharts. I think a mix of them all will help.

overall, watching revision videos and rereading parts of the texts or watching your texts in performance on YouTube, tv etc will help entrain the story in your mind and remember where the quotes occur and they’ll be easier to recall, at least that’s what has worked for me!

lmao so sorry for typos I’m travelling atm :\\\\\
chickennuggiez
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
thanks so much!

do you write notes based on each character and each theme for plays and novels?
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chickennuggiez)
thanks so much!

do you write notes based on each character and each theme for plays and novels?
I would advise that. In paper 2 of AQA Eng Lit GCSE, in the 20th century novel bit, they will give you an option of two questions. Usually, one question is on a character and one is on a theme. So organising your notes like that might help you to answer those questions more clearly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.04%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.74%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.91%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (28)
12.17%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30%

Watched Threads