The Student Room Group

Teaching Assistant wanting a career change.

After finishing university with a degree in Physical Education I began working as a teaching assistant in a SEN school. I initially had the aim of becoming a teacher but decided after experiencing life in schools that this was not the career for me. I have now been a teaching assistant in the school for over four years and although I enjoy the job and have good job satisfaction I am now looking for the next step in my career. I have decided I want this to be away from education however feel stuck as to what the next step could be. I have gained many transferable skills that I feel could be applied to many workplaces.

I appreciate this is vague but looking for some inspiration somewhere as I have exhausted all of the search engines and due to financial restrictions and outgoings leaving work to retrain isn't an option.

any opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated.

G
Reply 1
Original post by GMJH94
After finishing university with a degree in Physical Education I began working as a teaching assistant in a SEN school. I initially had the aim of becoming a teacher but decided after experiencing life in schools that this was not the career for me. I have now been a teaching assistant in the school for over four years and although I enjoy the job and have good job satisfaction I am now looking for the next step in my career. I have decided I want this to be away from education however feel stuck as to what the next step could be. I have gained many transferable skills that I feel could be applied to many workplaces.

I appreciate this is vague but looking for some inspiration somewhere as I have exhausted all of the search engines and due to financial restrictions and outgoings leaving work to retrain isn't an option.

any opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated.

G

Have you looked into healthcare professions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending