The Student Room Group

A levels

I hate a levels. If I could go back in time I would of done a course at my local college. A levels are so challenging. There is way too much pressure. I always feel so overwhelmed. There is too much work to do but never enough time. I feel so stressed and mocks are coming up... :frown:
It can definitely seem overwhelming when you think about everything as a whole.

Have you tried creating a timetable/schedule with the work that needs to be done, or perhaps you can just use a to-do list to make the workload more manageable? If you just take it day by day without thinking too far down the line then you'll find that it becomes a lot less overwhelming.

If you are struggling then it might be best to have a conversation with your teacher(s) and see what kind of advice they can offer, or a more far-fetched situation would be to get yourself a tutor.
Original post by studytheblurb
I hate a levels. If I could go back in time I would of done a course at my local college. A levels are so challenging. There is way too much pressure. I always feel so overwhelmed. There is too much work to do but never enough time. I feel so stressed and mocks are coming up... :frown:

What year are you in and how many A levels are you doing? Because if you're doing 4, that may be partly the problem, and dropping one the solution
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by harrysbar
What year are you in and how many A levels are you doing? Because if you're doing 4, that may be partly the problem, and dropping one the solution

My school forced us to do 4 a levels lol, it most likely is one of the reasons why I am finding it so challenging. I think I will have to drop one as it’s just too much content to learn I just can’t remember it all
Original post by studytheblurb
My school forced us to do 4 a levels lol, it most likely is one of the reasons why I am finding it so challenging. I think I will have to drop one as it’s just too much content to learn I just can’t remember it all

Yes, that will be the main reason you are struggling. A minority of people can cope with 4 A levels but most students get better results if they focus on 3. You say you've got mocks coming up so maybe see how they go and then drop the weakest subject after you get the results?

Quick Reply

Latest