xcatcatastrophex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just wondering how many languages people speak and the variety within.
username4504428
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5. English, urdu, hindi, tamil and Arabic
UbrLrdMetagross
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2. English, Telugu
Pandii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just about 1
username4477194
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can speak Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Korean and a little bit of Japanese
Last edited by username4477194; 1 year ago
xcatcatastrophex
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies!I speaknglish (of course) Urdu (passive and moderately fluent)Afrikaans ( again moderate)French (in process of learning)
susu6679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
only 2, english and polish. however, i learn welsh in school but i'm not that good at it.
mia_jaja
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Beth xxx)
I can speak Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Korean and a little bit of Japanese
woooow im jealous
mia_jaja
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Beth xxx)
where are you from if you don't mind me asking
mia_jaja
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xcatcatastrophex)
Just wondering how many languages people speak and the variety within.
I speak English obv. french, Algerian and arabic (idk if Algerian is counted as a language but normally arabs don't understand it soo yeah)
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
3 - english, french, and german (few words in italian)
damhashj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English, Persian [dialects: Iranian & Khorasani] and some French
minaa77
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mia_jaja)
I speak English obv. french, Algerian and arabic (idk if Algerian is counted as a language but normally arabs don't understand it soo yeah)
lol have a few Algerian friends, they call it darija I think. they just sound liketheyre speaking regular arabic but just fast and with a few French words/thick accent
minaa77
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English, arabic,, dutch, Italian (fully understand, speakings gone downhill as don't use it much) & Somali. I predict in the next 10 years or so I will only be fluent in English, arabic and dutch
mia_jaja
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abdi17272728)
lol have a few Algerian friends, they call it darija I think. they just sound liketheyre speaking regular arabic but just fast and with a few French words/thick accent
yup you could say that but its not rlly arabic bcz my dad (an arab) doesn't understand my mom when she speaks darija, I;ve heard it depends on your city
mia_jaja
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abdi17272728)
English, arabic,, dutch, Italian (fully understand, speakings gone downhill as don't use it much) & Somali. I predict in the next 10 years or so I will only be fluent in English, arabic and dutch
niceeee hopefully it works out for you
Untamed-child
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Spanish, English, French, Italian( that i can understand because it's similar to Spanish it basically Spanish and French mixed together) , Dutch ( learning) Benin( i can understand ( a place in nigeria)) Japanese ( through watching many animes ngl) and German
xcatcatastrophex
Rep:
?
How have you learnt these languages?
Ie: studying at school, mother tongue/ father tongue language of the country you live in.

Again thank you for so many replies on my first post!! 😁
mia_jaja
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xcatcatastrophex)
How have you learnt these languages?
Ie: studying at school, mother tongue/ father tongue language of the country you live in.

Again thank you for so many replies on my first post!! 😁
Ik French and Algerian bcz my mom is Algerian and we lived in France for 4 years and ik arabic bcz my dad is arab and for English well its the universal language everyone knows English
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
None because English is not a language
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (774)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads