UCL accepts A star equivalency exam?

Watch
Fnas81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, everyone ... I wanted to know if some body has any information regarding equivalency test. Does university college London accepts A star equivalency test as I have already emailed them but was a bit curious to know it quickly that’s why asking here..
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you explain what you mean by A* equivalency test, please? Do you mean other Level 3 qualifications which carry 56 UCAS points, or foreign qualifications?
Fnas81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I mean gcse English science and maths equivalency exams through a star .. A star is the provider. I hope I have made it clear.. thanks.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fnas81)
I mean gcse English science and maths equivalency exams through a star .. A star is the provider. I hope I have made it clear.. thanks.
There is nothing on the UCL Institute of Education's website about astarequivalency.co.uk, but for PGCE courses they will accept the equivalencies offered by equivalencytesting.com.

This is what the website says,
GCSEs
English Language, Science and Mathematics at grade C / 5 or above. Applicants who do not offer a GCSE in English Language, Science or Mathematics may demonstrate an equivalent standard by completing a test via www.equivalencytesting.com and achieving at least a grade 5. We do not accept "applied" or "additional" GCSE subjects.
bamblue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wonder if I can use the result of ET GCSE equivalent exam I sit before my pgce application? I'm applying for 2020 entry, but I sat the exam this week.
Last edited by bamblue; 1 year ago
Dave1021
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied through UCAS to Middlesex, Greenwich and London Metropolitan university and they all accepted Maths and English tests i did through https://astarequivalency.co.uk/
Famz1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey did you receive a certificate for this? Also, is it equal to GCSEs?
Famz1999
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Dave1021)
I applied through UCAS to Middlesex, Greenwich and London Metropolitan university and they all accepted Maths and English tests i did through https://astarequivalency.co.uk/
Hey did you receive a certificate for this? Also, is it equal to GCSEs?
PIC101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, everyone ... I wanted to know if some body has any information regarding equivalency test. Does university college London accepts A star equivalency test as I have already emailed them but was a bit curious to know it quickly that’s why asking here..
Thanks.
Hi There, just wanted to know, did UCL accept it?
sean987
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what course was it for?
sean987
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks.
what did they say?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads