Dislike dyed hair Watch

stickylikehoney
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I hate dyed hair in general. The concept seems so unnatural to me. Why do people dye their hair? I don't understand. Literally 90% of the time, people look best with their natural colour. Because it naturally suits them and goes with their natural skin tone and eye colour. Why do people tinker with their natural hair colour, please answer me. Why would you want to falsely put in artificial colours and tones to look fake?
nintysixthousand
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
it can be fun to experiment with your hair, just like you do with the clothes your wear and the make up you put on!
stickylikehoney
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The rare occasion that I have liked dyed hair is when someone who has a mousy brown colour goes either blonde or a deeper brown.
That usually looks better if they have that limp brown that is so bland.
Another exception is Beyoncé. To me, she looks much better and glam with a honey blonde weave than with dark hair. It looks more vibrant than her natural dark colour, to me.
So that's two exceptions and one is Beyoncé and she is superhuman so just one exception. really....
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by stickylikehoney)
I hate dyed hair in general. The concept seems so unnatural to me. Why do people dye their hair? I don't understand. Literally 90% of the time, people look best with their natural colour. Because it naturally suits them and goes with their natural skin tone and eye colour. Why do people tinker with their natural hair colour, please answer me. Why would you want to falsely put in artificial colours and tones to look fake?
Cause some people actually wanna have fun with their lives and experiment a lickle. More time it's no time even permanent lool
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don’t mind people doing it that much, as long as they dye it a natural hair colour. (Brown, blonde etc). When people dye it an unnatural colour that just simply doesn’t occur by nature, they look like tits.
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This is a cool thing to have a problem with because it's not affecting you in anyway. You don't have to dye your hair. Hurrah! This is what freedom tastes like.
Jaime Lannister
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don’t dislike dyed hair but I think that everyone looks better with their natural hair colour as it causes their eyes to pop more.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's ok that's YOUR opinion I have dyed hair myself its brown to black (Its ombre that its called) and my natural colour is dark blonde so its like a brown I got it done professionally in a hairdressers and I get compliments
from my friends and even strangers so that's YOUR opinion
Last edited by username4477194; 4 months ago
Kian Stevens
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I find it funny when people make intentionally make themselves look 'edgy' by dying their hair unnatural colours, wearing dowdy outfits, wearing far too much of unnaturally coloured makeup... and then when people point out that they actually look daft, they deflect it by saying they're 'experimenting'.
'Experimenting' is not synonymous to making yourself stick out like a sore thumb in public...
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Fashion and self-expression.

I bleached my hair platinum blonde today. Before this it was pink. Before that silver. I love fashion and enjoy making dramatic changes to my look.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
I find it funny when people make intentionally make themselves look 'edgy' by dying their hair unnatural colours, wearing dowdy outfits, wearing far too much of unnaturally coloured makeup... and then when people point out that they actually look daft, they deflect it by saying they're 'experimenting'.
'Experimenting' is not synonymous to making yourself stick out like a sore thumb in public...
So like emo's?? lol
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Beth xxx)
So lie emo's?? lol
No, not just emos. Although, I rarely see any now. The emo influx had its time back in ca. 2012/2013.
The current trend is wearing clothes which hark back to the brands and the fashion sense of the 90s. However, it's another example of current 'experimental' style, which doesn't actually look all that stylish to me regardless of how trendy or popular it is.
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No, not just emos. Although, I rarely see any now. The emo influx had its time back in ca. 2012/2013.
The current trend is wearing clothes which hark back to the brands and the fashion sense of the 90s. However, it's another example of current 'experimental' style, which doesn't actually look all that stylish to me regardless of how trendy or popular it is.
I get what your saying but trust me every comment section that I go to
for example a green day song I see 'OMG Billie is sooo hot XD' and its
like that. When I go to a 'edgy' store I see lots of emo's, punks ang goths
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I completely get what you are saying but every time I go to a lets just
say a green day song I go to the comments and I see 'OMG Billie is soo
hot XD' and like that. When I go to a 'edgy' store I see lots of emo's,
punks and goths
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Beth xxx)
I get what your saying but trust me every comment section that I go to
for example a green day song I see 'OMG Billie is sooo hot XD' and its
like that. When I go to a 'edgy' store I see lots of emo's, punks ang goths
Yeah, fair enough. I feel as though nowadays, the emos etc. are a lot more 'pure' if you get what I'm saying, i.e. they're not going through a 'phase' and following a trend. I do have to respect that though, as that's who they are. They're not doing it because it's trendy or because they intentionally want to look edgy and 'different'. My problem lies with the people who only do things because of the reverse argument.
I suppose it's the same with any band though. Oasis, and bands similar to them, are currently the worst for it. A very unpopular opinion, but they're the only reason why the current trends of obsessing over 90s fashion labels and admiring Liam Gallagher are about.
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don't see a problem with dying hair at all, if people wanna do crazy stuff with their bodies then that's up to them.

Though, I did used to have this science tutor that told me I was "lying to the world" whenever I dyed my hair :laugh:
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah, fair enough. I feel as though nowadays, the emos etc. are a lot more 'pure' if you get what I'm saying, i.e. they're not going through a 'phase' and following a trend. I do have to respect that though, as that's who they are. They're not doing it because it's trendy or because they intentionally want to look edgy and 'different'. My problem lies with the people who only do things because of the reverse argument.
I suppose it's the same with any band though. Oasis, and bands similar to them, are currently the worst for it. A very unpopular opinion, but they're the only reason why the current trends of obsessing over 90s fashion labels and admiring Liam Gallagher are about.
Yeah I think aswell that they are following a trend just like the other
subculters and I think eveer since aMy Chemical romance or Panic! At
the disco formed people wont sush about them
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I dyed my hair several times. Did a red strip when I was in highschool to look more "in", it was the only time I dyed my hair before early 20's. Later tried a few times making my hair red, turned my hair brown. Now my hair is lighter color than it used to be... don't know how it happened but it got naturally lighter, it used to be almost black, now it is brown, which makes me look even more Russian. I also dyed it a few times light brown.
I like my look with slightly ginger tone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (135)
60.81%
No (87)
39.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise