username4511670
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a offer from nortumbria to study film and tv production and also nottingham trent for filmmaking but i have no idea which one i prefer. Any students of the courses have anything to say about them?
AnnaMirjam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Concerning the league tables, Nottingham Trent is 8th and 21th, Northumbria is not on the film production list, in studies it's 47th and 48th. So the ranking is definitely better in Trent.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5797762 Here I compared Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Northumbria, but it's worth a try looking through those comments. Also compare the unis on those sites such as whatuni, whichuni, unistats or here. It really helps a lot.
Finally, I would tag the reps: Nottingham Trent University Northumbria University
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnnaMirjam)
Concerning the league tables, Nottingham Trent is 8th and 21th, Northumbria is not on the film production list, in studies it's 47th and 48th. So the ranking is definitely better in Trent.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5797762 Here I compared Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Northumbria, but it's worth a try looking through those comments. Also compare the unis on those sites such as whatuni, whichuni, unistats or here. It really helps a lot.
Finally, I would tag the reps: Nottingham Trent University Northumbria University
Thank you so much for tagging the reps - that's really helpful

Sheffield Hallam University too

(Original post by Iuoriomj)
I have a offer from nortumbria to study film and tv production and also nottingham trent for filmmaking but i have no idea which one i prefer. Any students of the courses have anything to say about them?
Have you visited either of these universities? Getting a feel for the campus is so important
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username4511670)
Hi @username4511670

Congratulations on your offer! What was it that attracted you to apply to NTU?

If you haven't already been to see us, as She-Ra kindly pointed out, I would highly recommend visiting. As an offer holder, we have an event on Saturday 23 March that's designed to give you hands-on experience of your course (you can find the event here if you're interested).

There'll be a taster session at the event for Filmmaking students where you'll discover how filmmakers use lighting to enhance their productions. It's also a great opportunity to meet current students and have your questions answers, you'll also meet your potential coursemates and our staff, as well as being able to familiarise yourself with our campus and learning spaces.

Best of luck with your decision! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know

Thanks
Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.11%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
27.98%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise