toby4413
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
In 2018, my predicted grades were 4A* in maths,Fmaths,phy,econ, and got rejected due to my PS. So I worked extremely hard and got 3A*1A and rewrite my PS, but still got rejected again 2 days ago. RN I feel like my future is not very good..
UnknownD7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
From economics?
Historynerd101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Where else have you applied/got offers from?
toby4413
Rep:
?
(Original post by UnknownD7)
From economics?
Yeah
toby4413
Rep:
?
(Original post by Historynerd101)
Where else have you applied/got offers from?
I am currently studying econ at KCL, but the course isn't very good.
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by toby4413)
I am currently studying econ at KCL, but the course isn't very good.
That's probably why you were rejected the second time since you were already studying at a different university, albeit your application looks very strong.
Last edited by Shiv7; 6 months ago
username4421408
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Did you apply/receive offers from other target unis such as Warwick and UCL?
toby4413
Rep:
?
(Original post by pi=e)
Did you apply/receive offers from other target unis such as Warwick and UCL?
I am waiting for Warwick's decision
toby4413
Rep:
?
Lse is very good at preparing their students for a finance related jobs.
KDai
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Did you apply to Ox/Cam?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Don't allow all your hopes for the future to rest solely upon whether lse offer you a place.
Your qualifications are very strong and your application to study economics at Kings was successful.
Plenty of academic institutions will be eager to welcome you.
You have so much potential- for employers as well as unis.
I believe that your future will be bright, so long as you don't stop believing in yourself and always keep/present a positive attitude.

I doubt you were rejected by lse solely due to your PS.
Once any minimum academic entrance criteria is met, many unis often seek to target a particular type of student (personality/demographic/parental educational experience).
When it comes to sampling institutional culture/ campus social atmosphere, it often becomes obvious to see whether there is a good fit or obvious incompatibility between the uni and individual student applicant.
What is it about your current economics course that puts you off?
toby4413
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Don't allow all your hopes for the future to rest solely upon whether lse offer you a place.
Your qualifications are very strong and your application to study economics at Kings was successful.
Plenty of academic institutions will be eager to welcome you.
You have so much potential- for employers as well as unis.
I believe that your future will be bright, so long as you don't stop believing in yourself and always keep/present a positive attitude.

I doubt you were rejected by lse solely due to your PS.
Once any minimum academic entrance criteria is met, many unis often seek to target a particular type of student (personality/demographic/parental educational experience).
When it comes to sampling institutional culture/ campus social atmosphere, it often becomes obvious to see whether there is a good fit or obvious incompatibility between the uni and individual student applicant.
What is it about your current economics course that puts you off?

Kcl's main drawback is students aren't very driven and motivated which makes me less driven over time.
toby4413
Rep:
?
Kcl's main drawback is students aren't very driven and motivated which makes me less driven over time.
The main reason why I got good alevel grades was because I had a group of friends who were very driven and competitive.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Beware the dangers of making casual assumptions about other people's motivation.
Three weeks before exams, most of those same people will be revising as if they fear being bitten by the rabid dog of exam failure.
By the end of first term third year, competitive instincts will be going into overdrive- the atmosphere will be one of high pressure, cut throat rivalry and icy ambition.
No hyperbole; just what I've seen over the years at half of the russell group and the students of London economics/law/history/science/theology departments.
Last edited by londonmyst; 6 months ago
toby4413
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Beware the dangers of making casual assumptions about other people's motivation.
Three weeks before exams, most of those same people will be revising as if they fear being bitten by the rabid dog of exam failure.
By the end of first term third year, competitive instincts will be going into overdrive- the atmosphere will be one of high pressure, cut throat rivalry and icy ambition.
No hyperbole; just what I've seen over the years at half of the russell group and the students of London economics/law/history/science/theology departments.
That's very interesting, are you in your final year of have you already graduated?
DukeSolitude
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I know some Chinese (from Shanghai) whose PS were written by an agency and got an offer with B or C in A level.

LSE should rethink why such things happen.

I.e. LSE is not as prestigious as it sounds like
Last edited by DukeSolitude; 6 months ago
username3889426
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Money talks.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
LSE does not like reapplicants. Dont take it personally. Get into Warwick and youre good. Yeah King's isnt too great. I have it as my insurance and my friend studies law @ King's and she hates it too.
username4421408
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
LSE does not like reapplicants. Dont take it personally. Get into Warwick and youre good. Yeah King's isnt too great. I have it as my insurance and my friend studies law @ King's and she hates it too.
Not true, there’s a handful of reapplicants and even people retaking a levels on the lse thread with offers
AAX mys
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DukeSolitude)
I know some Chinese (from Shanghai) whose PS were written by an agency and got an offer with B or C in A level.

LSE should rethink why such things happen.

I.e. LSE is not as prestigious as it sounds like
Are you sure ? I doubt so .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)
4.37%
Classical (34)
5.71%
Hip-Hop (104)
17.48%