The Student Room Group

How to volunteer in a primary school?

I want to volunteer in a primary school (year 1) every tuesday because that's my day off college, how do I arrange this? I've had placement there so I know they're fine with this sort of thing I just don't know how to arrange it. Thanks :smile:
Talk to the person you arranged your original placement with, they will then guide you from there
Reply 2
Original post by Becca216
Talk to the person you arranged your original placement with, they will then guide you from there

it was my old teacher but i dont do that course anymore so i cant rly talk to them
Reply 3
Hi,just wondering how old you are? Next year I will have a day off college so I wanted to volunteer at a school but I didn’t know if they would allow you to at 16? If I were you I’d just ring or email the school. You could even pop into the office and ask?
Original post by YasudaSayo
I want to volunteer in a primary school (year 1) every tuesday because that's my day off college, how do I arrange this? I've had placement there so I know they're fine with this sort of thing I just don't know how to arrange it. Thanks :smile:

Go to the school you want to volunteer at and ask to speak to the teacher who sorted out students/volunteers when you where there before. He/she can sort it. If they already know you, it shouldnt be a problem.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
Go to the school you want to volunteer at and ask to speak to the teacher who sorted out students/volunteers when you where there before. He/she can sort it. If they already know you, it shouldnt be a problem.

Are you allowed to volunteer at a school when you are 16?
Original post by Ell303
Are you allowed to volunteer at a school when you are 16?

As far as i am aware, yes.
People aged 16 do college courses (e.g. childcare) which involve doing placements in schools etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
As far as i am aware, yes.
People aged 16 do college courses (e.g. childcare) which involve doing placements in schools etc.

Okay, thanks. I think it’s a really good thing for young people to do.
Reply 8
Original post by Ell303
Hi,just wondering how old you are? Next year I will have a day off college so I wanted to volunteer at a school but I didn’t know if they would allow you to at 16? If I were you I’d just ring or email the school. You could even pop into the office and ask?

im 18 but i was allowed to volunteer when i was 16 because i had a placement bc i was doing a childcare course. you will need a dbs check first though
Reply 9
Thanks so much!!! 😊
Reply 10
Also good luck, hope they let you volunteer (I’m sure they will)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending