I'm 17 and my girlfriend is 14 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey I'm 17 and my girlfriend is 14
I'm worried about when I'm 18 and she's 15
I feel like I would be treading on thin ice and then when I go to uni in 2020 she'll be in year 11 and I'll be in a different city or maybe a different country, the relationship will breakdown

What should I do?
susu6679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
why are you dating a 14 year old in the first place, bit weird don't you think?
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
so you're worried about the fact you'll be in different cities and not that you're dating an underage girl?
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
leave her alone

creep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by susu6679)
why are you dating a 14 year old in the first place, bit weird don't you think?
Idk like I was with my mates they're 15 and 16 and we were on a train and started talking to some girls who were next adjacent to us and this girl said I was more peng than my mates and asked for my number so we started chatting on tiktok and she asked me out and we've met up a few times and kissed
I didn't really think much of it until I thought about being 18 in 2020 and about uni
jbrdodd
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Nonce
Izzythestudent
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My mum was 14 and dad 17 when they started dating and they’ve been together for over 30 years. If you really like each other age gap and distance won’t matter , they are simply hurdles. When you are 30 and she is 27 the age gap will be meaningless anyway. Just have fun being in a relationship!
blueworld2378
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Illegal.
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
chatting on tiktok...
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Dunya)
chatting on tiktok...
that was my favourite part :rofl:
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What’s all the hate for...? We’re talking about an age gap of three years here... seems pretty normal to me when you think some relationships have ages gaps of 10 years. Personally I see nothing wrong with this, if you love her then stay with her.
Blueberyneedhelp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
just stop.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q346.htm

She is responsible enough... To wear her own seat belt.

Spoiler:
Show

Ngl, a nearly 18 year old dating an under 16 year old minor rings police sirens.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
so you're worried about the fact you'll be in different cities and not that you're dating an underage girl?
They are dating, not shagging
(Original post by blueworld2378)
Illegal.
No it’s not.
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
What’s all the hate for...? We’re talking about an age gap of three years here... seems pretty normal to me when you think some relationships have ages gaps of 10 years. Personally I see nothing wrong with this, if you love her then stay with her.
It is the ages which are the problem. She is below the age of consent, so any sexual interaction is illegal.
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
They are dating, not shagging

No it’s not.
So what if she decides they have been shagging? Who are they more likely to believe? Even if he doesn't get arrested for it, he will probably be known for what he had done.

Plus kissing an underage kid and chatting on tiktok... Not good.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So what if she decides they have been shagging? Who are they more likely to believe? Even if he doesn't get arrested for it, he will probably be known for what he had done.

Plus kissing an underage kid and chatting on tiktok... Not good.
His word v her word. No evidence, goes nowhere.

Kissing a 14 year old is not illegal. I have no idea what tiktok is. Only they keep giving me adverts on youtube. Regardless chatting on an app to somebody younger than you is not illegal.
On this site I will end up speaking to underage people.. so what?
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
His word v her word. No evidence, goes nowhere.

Kissing a 14 year old is not illegal. I have no idea what tiktok is. Only they keep giving me adverts on youtube. Regardless chatting on an app to somebody younger than you is not illegal.
On this site I will end up speaking to underage people.. so what?
Even false accusations can spread around online and ruin lives.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Izzythestudent)
My mum was 14 and dad 17 when they started dating and they’ve been together for over 30 years. If you really like each other age gap and distance won’t matter , they are simply hurdles. When you are 30 and she is 27 the age gap will be meaningless anyway. Just have fun being in a relationship!
Really? That's amazing, sure for the future and atm I'll keep it low-key cus of the legal framework
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Even false accusations can spread around online and ruin lives.
Ok? So? Your point actually is?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (405)
67.95%
No (191)
32.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise