The Student Room Group

considering homeschooling a levels....

so I've been back and forth between French, German and English education systems due to family, moving etc. Result being that I'm now in Germany but am considering homeschooling a levels as I am academically so much better in the English system.

I'd quite like to study politics, history, economics and possibly maths for scientists. First of all: how do you get coursework graded? Second: recommendation for online courses? Is there some guide to homeschool a level......I've heard success and horror stories alike! Thirdly: Does anyone even know if maths for scientist (enrichment course) is offered as a homeschooled subject?

I really like learning independently but I still have my worries... I'd love to study PPE or something like it eventually....
Original post by dolphinstudent33
so I've been back and forth between French, German and English education systems due to family, moving etc. Result being that I'm now in Germany but am considering homeschooling a levels as I am academically so much better in the English system.

I'd quite like to study politics, history, economics and possibly maths for scientists. First of all: how do you get coursework graded? Second: recommendation for online courses? Is there some guide to homeschool a level......I've heard success and horror stories alike! Thirdly: Does anyone even know if maths for scientist (enrichment course) is offered as a homeschooled subject?

I really like learning independently but I still have my worries... I'd love to study PPE or something like it eventually....

Hi there :wavey:
Wow you've been all over the place! I hope that you're doing okay :hugs: Don't worry, you won't be the only one considering being home-schooled!

I would definitely ask the internet these questions and you can always contact exam boards/schools to see if they can moderate your coursework for you? The issue is, if you're going to be in another country, can you still get that sort of support etc?

I've never heard of a maths-for-science enrichment subject before, but maybe you could do an online course instead if that takes your fancy? Have a look online for MOOCs etc. :yy:

Best of luck! :bump:
thanks so much! for all the talk of online attacking and all that stuff messages like yours make me think people can just be really nice. I'm still not sure whether I could get the grades I'm aiming for doing homeschool but we'll just see. Anyhow good luck in any studies you're undertaking and thanks again!:h:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there :wavey:
Wow you've been all over the place! I hope that you're doing okay :hugs: Don't worry, you won't be the only one considering being home-schooled!

I would definitely ask the internet these questions and you can always contact exam boards/schools to see if they can moderate your coursework for you? The issue is, if you're going to be in another country, can you still get that sort of support etc?

I've never heard of a maths-for-science enrichment subject before, but maybe you could do an online course instead if that takes your fancy? Have a look online for MOOCs etc. :yy:

Best of luck! :bump:
Reply 3
Do Politics, Economics and Maths and then there's no coursework. (I'm not sure what you mean by Maths for Scientists - there is no such A level. Why not just do Maths?)
I’m just not that amazing at maths and a level maths is like seriously hard. PPE really like if you’ve done history...so I don’t know. Maths for scientists is the equivalent of an AS. My old school did it. But thanks so much for the advice! :smile:
Original post by Compost
Do Politics, Economics and Maths and then there's no coursework. (I'm not sure what you mean by Maths for Scientists - there is no such A level. Why not just do Maths?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending