Is functional maths level 2 Equivalent to a C in GCSE

Watch this thread
Musicgirl97
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I was wondering if I were to study to get my Fuctional skills Level 2 in maths, would I have an equivalent qualification to a C at GCSE level. I’ve looked this up online a few times and it says that it is, and is accepted as such when it comes to college and university applications (obviously depending on the place but most establishments accept them these days).
I ask this because I’ve tried to get my GCSE in maths 4 times now (5 if you count my school exams) and each time I’ve been getting D and E grades, and I’m wanting to apply to university in September 2019. So I think my best bet is to study for my fuctional as I know for the university I want to go to, they have always accepted functional Maths.

P.S Is Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number, the same as Fuctional skills?
Last edited by Musicgirl97; 3 years ago
xAikx
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
What is it in maths you find particularly difficult?
Musicgirl97
Rep:
(Original post by xAikx)
What is it in maths you find particularly difficult?
If I had to pin point I’ve never been very good at geometry and I think that’s one of my major let downs when it comes to my mathematical thinking. I’m not too amazing at some of the more complex fraction questions either. I excel at algebra though, I think if a GCSE maths exam was all algebra I’d find it too easy lol. But nevermind .
xAikx
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Musicgirl97)
If I had to pin point I’ve never been very good at geometry and I think that’s one of my major let downs when it comes to my mathematical thinking. I’m not too amazing at some of the more complex fraction questions either. I excel at algebra though, I think if a GCSE maths exam was all algebra I’d find it too easy lol. But nevermind .
I can help you with understanding geometry a bit better as well as the complicated fractions. Feel free to give me an email at: [email protected] and I can send back some powerpoint notes and some explanation on how things work. The key thing with understanding concepts is to practise them over and over until it becomes second nature to you.
Musicgirl97
Rep:
(Original post by xAikx)
I can help you with understanding geometry a bit better as well as the complicated fractions. Feel free to give me an email at: [email protected] and I can send back some powerpoint notes and some explanation on how things work. The key thing with understanding concepts is to practise them over and over until it becomes second nature to you.
That’s so lovely of you . Once I enroll on a maths course (which should be within the next few weeks) I will be sure to message you, thank you so much for the support. But yes as they say practice makes perfect. But yes I will be enrolling onto a Fuctional course so at least I will be able to get my level 2 quite efficiently. Then after that I may even go for my GCSE again! But at least either way I can get into university with my Fuctional skills level 2, which is the main thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.79%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (24)
25.26%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (52)
54.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.21%

Watched Threads