The Student Room Group

Should I forgive her?

my girlfriend is an incredible naive person however I’m struggling with this position she put me in.
She is friends with this guy she studies with an one day she dms him for his help on a project, he says he can’t help her. She then jokingly suggest they should go roller skating, as friends. He then suggests they watch a movie in her dorm room she agrees to the the grinch with him, I asked her if She wanted to get dinner and she replied no I’m watching a movie no mention of the other guy. He also texts her tell your bf I’m coming to cuddle and she replies mmmm” he comes over and they talk for a bit turn on a lamp then they watch the movie on her bed. Originally their feet were hanging off the bed and then after a bit he asks if they can lie down and she does and they get under her blankets. After awhile he asks if they can watch the movie on her laptop on the side and she just does so. They then cuddle for like 1 hour or so. She then told me she moved his hand because she felt uncomfortable with his hand on her and sits on her back again. They finish the movie and they get out of bed and she give him a little side hug goodbye. She tells me 2 hrs later because she said she felt guilty about it. She claims she was uncomfortable the entire time he had his hands on her, she didn’t think he would do that because he knew she was in a relationship, however she didn’t initially move his hand or protest anything he said, she just did what he wanted. I believe she told me the truth and that they did not kiss, unclothe or have sex. However, I don’t think any of this is ok and I got really upset with her. I threated to break up with her and she started breaking down sobbing telling me that she loves me. She showed me all the dms and ive grilled her about the entire situations many times so I believe she is telling me everything. I don’t know what to do, Should I forgive her?
Hi

I’m sorry but this all sounds very mutual to me, she didn’t tell you he was coming over.. why are they watching films in bed together if she only wanted help with some work?
I think she is misleading you and it’s best you found out now, she may well feel guilty but I think her intentions were not good to begin with.

Good luck whatever you decide
From her honesty and the detail she's given you I'd suppose she wants to be loyal to you, however it was incredibly stupid of her. It's pretty weird that she didn't object to him cuddling her.

I don't think you should ever ask a forum if you should break up with someone because we have no idea of your history, only just the scenario you give us. Weigh your ups and downs against this situation, past joys, past problems, etc, and question if it's worth it. If you're not happy, leave her.
yes, at least she took the effort to explain everything and remains committed to a relationship :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending