How do your revise for GCSE maths Edexcel?

Watch
arahman5166
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, I am in yr 11 and I need urgent help. I cant answer any of the questions and need someone to tell me a way to revise. People say do past papers but the old question never come up and the new questions are so difficult. I do the higher paper and cannot do any questions. I don't know what to do anymore and have a maths mock tomorrow. Please, someone, help me out. I find maths so hard now. I want at least a 7 but I'm on a 4 and bearly get 20/80 in all 3 papers. Please help.
sophswfc4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
use tools like MrBartonMaths, Corbettmaths, mathsgenie and the like to practise certain topic skills. Researching study sites can really help! Even though the same question very rarely appears twice, practice papers are still good to practice timings and see where you go wrong in terms of making silly mistakes or whether you understand what the question is asking you to do. I was achieving high grade 5s-mid 6s throughout my 2 years, and I came out with an 8 (12 marks into the grade boundary, so quite comfortably) by only using the tools mentioned and doing paper after paper after paper so have faith and keep at it! if all else fails and if you really feel like you can't do the higher paper, regardless of your aspirations of a 7, you should really talk to your teacher/department head about moving to foundation. Hope this helps!
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DrFrost maths is good it has lots of practice questions

Try physics and maths tutuor too
Kungafu44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are u doing edexcel ?

(Original post by arahman5166)Hi there, I am in yr 11 and I need urgent help. I cant answer any of the questions and need someone to tell me a way to revise. People say do past papers but the old question never come up and the new questions are so difficult. I do the higher paper and cannot do any questions. I don't know what to do anymore and have a maths mock tomorrow. Please, someone, help me out. I find maths so hard now. I want at least a 7 but I'm on a 4 and bearly get 20/80 in all 3 papers. Please help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (69)
28.05%
England (83)
33.74%
Belgium (20)
8.13%
Germany (30)
12.2%
Spain (3)
1.22%