Anti-semitism at the university of Essex Watch

hazmort
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...f-antisemitism

It is sad that somebody who holds these abhorrent views is teaching at a university
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alropsr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hazmort)

It is sad that somebody who holds these abhorrent views is teaching at a university
jews have been through sh*t haha. it continues today it seems.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago

But he wont be for much longer. Cant really blame the uni if they didnt know about it.
Israel is contoversial and cant be immune from criticism, which should be differentiated from prejudice based on someones religion.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s his academic career over.
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

How is criticising Zionism anti-Semitic? It is as much anti-Semitic as criticising republicans or the democrats is anti-white.

This is becoming an extremely worrying trend at universities, suspensions of lecturers and students for criticisms of specific institutionalised ideologies. Its very worrying also considering the fact that students and lecturers who say things far, far more openly discriminatory and disgusting than this towards other groups get away with little or no repercussions:

Name:  RR-COMP-uni-2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  32.3 KB
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...0&h=500&crop=1
Name:  bahar_mustafa_3311511b.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB
https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/mul...a_3311511b.jpg

This is not an issue of anti-semitism. its got nothing to do with anti-semitism. I say this as a Jew. No, this is a matter of controlling what people say. Its matter of forbidding people from criticising certain institutionalised ideologies whilst encouraging them to criticise others. This is authoritarianism 101.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 3 weeks ago
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"crypto-Jew"
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
How is criticising Zionism anti-Semitic? It is as much anti-Semitic as criticising republicans or the democrats is anti-white.

This is becoming an extremely worrying trend at universities, suspensions of lecturers and students for criticisms of ideologies. Its very worrying also considering the fact that students and lecturers who says things far, far more openly discriminatory and disgusting than this towards others groups get away with little or no repercussions:

This is not an issue of anti-semitism. its got nothing to do with anti-semitism. I say this as a Jew. No, this is a matter of controlling what people say. Its matter of forbidding people from criticising certain institutionalised ideologies whilst encouraging them to criticise others. This is authoritarianism 101.
I walk past the jobcentre the other day and noticed those two people coming out.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
I walk past the jobcentre the other day and noticed those two people coming out.
lol..believe it or not, more likely than not, these two racists/sexists are sadly going to actually become very successful in the future. They will get away with doing things far worse than this without so much as a care from anyone simply because they belong to an identity/ideological group that is above the law and who's hate is not punished but celebrated. They can abuse people with impunity. You however have no right to even criticise them. The direction our society is heading in is a scary one.
hazmort
Rep:
?
He also denied the holocaust
Last edited by hazmort; 3 weeks ago
hazmort
Rep:
?

This is becoming an extremely worrying trend at universities, suspensions of lecturers and students for criticisms of specific institutionalised ideologies. Its very worrying also considering the fact that students and lecturers who say things far, far more openly discriminatory and disgusting than this towards other groups get away with little or no repercussions:

The article says though that he denied the holocaust and shared an image from an alt right apologist website. The jewish society proposed was also not zionist.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He also denied the holocaust
I'm sorry hazmort, but there are lots and lots of very bad people out there in this world that we live in. Our job is to expose their stupidity, not to censor it.

We do not have the right to silence anyone. As ignorant as it is to claim that the holocaust did not happen, it is an opinion and people have the right to express it. We should not have the right to impose our views of the holocaust, our interpretations of history on others.

It is not a crime for people to deny the holocaust. I do not take offence by it. No, I see it as an opportunity for me to prove such people wrong, to expose their flaws and garner support for my point of view.

Him referencing an image from a 'far right' website doesn't make him a right winger or a racist or an anti-Semite. Him sharing an image from a far right website does not make him worthy of a suspension. If he was worthy of a suspension for sharing an image from an extremist website then all universities need to be closed down as their libraries are full of them!!!! Its not a crime to share an image from a far right website, unless that image is of course unlawful in any way. Was it?

These same universities teach books from leftist extremists that encourage genocide and war to their students. They celebrate these books. So why the double standards? Why should students holding leftist extremist points of view be allowed to be racist and violent without consequence whilst those from the other end of the spectrum aren't allowed to fart without being suspended?

...and you do realise that the left label anyone and everyone they disagree with, a right wing extremist, a racist, a minsogynst, an anti-semite? They do this to everyone they cannot rebuke.They freaking call Ben Shapiro (a Jewish Libertarian) a right-wing, anti-Semitic extremist!!! You do know that right? They call everyone that disagrees with them a right winger and a racist and a sexist to scare people and bully them into silence. They do this to tarnish people's reputation, de-platform them and prevent others from listening to them and hearing what they have to say. This is the way of cowards who have a lot to hide and a lot to fear from allowing people freedom of expression.

This issue has nothing to do with anti-semitism. This is authoritarianism. This is the left doing what it does best, imposing its views on society through censorship.
hazmort
Rep:
?
I'm sorry hazmort, but there are lots and lots of very bad people out there in this world that we live in. Our job is to expose their stupidity, not to censor it.

We do not have the right to silence anyone. As ignorant as it is to claim that the holocaust did not happen, it is an opinion and people have the right to express it. We should not have the right to impose our views of the holocaust, our interpretations of history on others.

It is not a crime for people to deny the holocaust. I do not take offence by it. No, I see it as an opportunity for me to prove such people wrong, to expose their flaws and garner support for my point of view.

Him referencing an image from a 'far right' website doesn't make him a right winger or a racist or an anti-Semite. Him sharing an image from a far right website does not make him worthy of a suspension. If he was worthy of a suspension for sharing an image from an extremist website then all universities need to be closed down as their libraries are full of them!!!! Its not a crime to share an image from a far right website, unless that image is of course unlawful in any way. Was it?

These same universities teach books from leftist extremists that encourage genocide and war to their students. They celebrate these books. So why the double standards? Why should students holding leftist extremist points of view be allowed to be racist and violent without consequence whilst those from the other end of the spectrum aren't allowed to fart without being suspended?

...and you do realise that the left label anyone and everyone they disagree with, a right wing extremist, a racist, a minsogynst, an anti-semite? They do this to everyone they cannot rebuke.They freaking call Ben Shapiro (a Jewish Libertarian) a right-wing, anti-Semitic extremist!!! You do know that right? They call everyone that disagrees with them a right winger and a racist and a sexist to scare people and bully them into silence. They do this to tarnish people's reputation, de-platform them and prevent others from listening to them and hearing what they have to say. This is the way of cowards who have a lot to hide and a lot to fear from allowing people freedom of expression.

This issue has nothing to do with anti-semitism. This is authoritarianism. This is the left doing what it does best, imposing its views on society through censorship.
The university has no obligation to employ him. If he expresses views which are in opposition to their beliefs then they are allowed to fire him because they are a private institution. Its the same as if you were to bad mouth the company you worked for, they can decide not to employ you anymore. But i do not believe he should face legal consequences.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The university has no obligation to employ him. If he expresses views which are in opposition to their beliefs then they are allowed to fire him because they are a private institution. Its the same as if you were to bad mouth the company you worked for, they can decide not to employ you anymore. But i do not believe he should face legal consequences.
The UK isn't an archaic state where private companies are allowed to fire employees as they please. They are subject to strict laws and regulations. A company is not allowed to suspend an employee if that employee holds a different political perspective to it. This is what happens in dictatorships, not in democracies. Still, we are not talking about private companies here. Universities are publicly funded, public services. They are answerable to the public because we pay for their existence. We pay the salary of their employees. We pay for their projects and most all of their spending. Their existence is subject to strict governmental, public sector regulatory bodies. If they make any choice that is not in line with what the public deems acceptable we should have the right to challenge them on it and force them to fall in line with what we want not what they want.

This story is an example of the authoritarianism, bias and discrimination at university level. Universities are becoming more and more draconian in their control of views that are not approved by leftists.

You want an example real anti-semitism. Here's one from the dailywire Ben Shapiro's website, a website labeled far right and anti-Semitic by leftists lol:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43621...edium=referral

This story of yours is an example of a growing and very worrying trend at universities. A trend where leftist students and lectures are getting away with abuses of all kinds, violence, racism, sexism, bullying, marginalisation etc etc. without consequences whilst anyone that presents a differing point of view that challenges them gets silenced instantly. This needs to end, NOW!
Europe4 European
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Replace Jew with White, and you'll be applauded for these views

Just double standards as always

Anti-racists are anti-White and proud

Liberals and cuckservatives deserve the guillotine
L.D.A.R.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Arabs are the true semites; not like these Poles running modern Israel.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by L.D.A.R.)
Arabs are the true semites; not like these Poles running modern Israel.
Race is a stupidly-constructed concept. Along with religion, it's the last thing this debate needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads