Claude Puel sacked Watch

mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.lcfc.com/news/1062948/cl.../press-release

Run of bad results. Not surprising. Can beat Man City and Chelsea back to back but loses against the likes of Cardiff, Palace. Lost 5 of his last 6 league games and lost v Newport in FA cup.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mr tim)
https://www.lcfc.com/news/1062948/cl.../press-release

Run of bad results. Not surprising. Can beat Man City and Chelsea back to back but loses against the likes of Cardiff, Palace. Lost 5 of his last 6 league games and lost v Newport in FA cup.
Imo deserved/ unsurpising, but he did deal with the death of the owner in a very dignified and admirable way.
Julen Lopetegui was hinting he wanted to be in the PL and they also think they might be able to attract RAFA.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Imo deserved/ unsurpising, but he did deal with the death of the owner in a very dignified and admirable way.
Julen Lopetegui was hinting he wanted to be in the PL and they also think they might be able to attract RAFA.

God I hope not - I'd not bother with tickets beyond the end of march (where I'm currently bought up to) if that were the case.

Unsurprising really, and it's going to keep happening until Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel leave (theres been too many murmurings of player power now for there to not be smoke without fire). Actually feel kinda flat at this, guy seemed cursed - like last night, absolutely dominated them first half and conceded a freak deflection from a 40 yarder going well wide from their only attack to go in behind - and I thought we saw glimpses every game of being a force if it clicked, but it'd become untenable, particularly with the visceral hatred from some sections of the fan base. Got to get this appointment right now
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
God I hope not - I'd not bother with tickets beyond the end of march (where I'm currently bought up to) if that were the case.

Unsurprising really, and it's going to keep happening until Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel leave (theres been too many murmurings of player power now for there to not be smoke without fire). Actually feel kinda flat at this, guy seemed cursed - like last night, absolutely dominated them first half and conceded a freak deflection from a 40 yarder going well wide from their only attack to go in behind - and I thought we saw glimpses every game of being a force if it clicked, but it'd become untenable, particularly with the visceral hatred from some sections of the fan base. Got to get this appointment right now
Ive heard Lennon mentioned.
Are you following the Carabo cup and the goalkeeper refusing to come off?
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Ive heard Lennon mentioned.
Are you following the Carabo cup and the goalkeeper refusing to come off?
Lennon would be a Carver level appointment. He failed at Bolton in the championship and wouldn't be mentioned at all if he hadn't played for us.

Aye. That's proper player power. Don't see a way Sarri comes back from this
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Lennon would be a Carver level appointment. He failed at Bolton in the championship and wouldn't be mentioned at all if he hadn't played for us.

Aye. That's proper player power. Don't see a way Sarri comes back from this
Crazy player power. Very unprofessional. never seen anything like it.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Whoever gets hired will be sacked next season after what we used to call "a run of bad form" in the 90/00s. Same for every club.

Cue the quotes: "they have a good team", "they just need a few players", "the board have to back the next manager in the window", "just need a good manager to get them working in the same direction".

They'll say all this will see them where they expect to be, the hallowed ground of 7th. Along with every other club outside the Big 6.

The same names will be favourites to get the job again, all the news reports/leaks will be wrong, and presumably he'll then win every game ever so he won't get sacked.

Then he'll get sacked within a season or 2 because suddenly now in this specific period he's a moron who can't do his job rather than the saviour who has such a good record.

And around and around and around...
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Urgh, David Brent. Well, look forward to enduring his self aggrandising *******s every week for 12-18 months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads