BBC blames everything on Brexit proved Watch

SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by stoyfan)
I guess providing a counter-argument is manipulation now.
Is it really that surprising that someone who makes claims of bias doesn't, A) present evidence and B) listen/acknowledge counter arguments/rebuttals?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TensorTympani)
I provided footage and evidence what more do you want?
What are you saying are you even reading the conversation?
If you read it correctly I don't think that you may have understood it so please read it again. Artful clearly said that I am going to be manipulated.
Please don't talk when you have point which is flawed. People these days...cough cough stoyfan
Provide articles so we can verify this bias you claim but have not proven. BBC produces hundreds so you should have any difficulty providing them.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
The crux of your argument rests on taking Honda at their word that it indeed had nothing to do with Brexit.

Supposing they did move as a result of Brexit, why would they reveal that fact? They have no political capital to gain from doing so, which may harm their business and reputation both in the UK and at home, and possibly even risk a diplomatic incident. It would make more sense to deny it, to try and maintain good relations with the UK government and it's customer base in the UK, if it was to do with Brexit.

Thus, they would say that it had nothing to do with Brexit in either case realistically, and you can't really make the assumption that they are "telling the truth" in that case...so the rest of the argument falls apart, because it might well be due to Brexit.
this is very perceptive. this Guardian article shows how the Japanese companies go about things:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...issan-liam-fox
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Is it really that surprising that someone who makes claims of bias doesn't, A) present evidence and B) listen/acknowledge counter arguments/rebuttals?
You have to give them the chance to do so, which this person has not taken up. If its as bad and clear as they say then they should have numerous examples. I believe they have difficulty reading information and comprehension, but open minded for them to show the bias they claim.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yesterday on newswatch provides all the evidence.
I can't watch it because I don't pay for it.
TensorTympani
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
I can't watch it because I don't pay for it.
It is free...
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is free...
You need a TV licence to watch BBC content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads