Is PPP that bad? Watch

stack__
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi guys i got my level 3 extended diploma and the grade is PPP is it that bad? can i go to uni?
missb_____
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in the same situation. I'm doing my extended diploma and my predicted grades are at a PPP and I think i'll just manage to scrape it and i'm scared because I don't know if i'll get accepted into uni plus I'm meant to be doing a health course and they're all hard to get into. I've applied for a foundation degree but even those ask for MMM or MMP. I'm thinking to apply through clearing but I'm not guaranteed a place.
Gb1917
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If I have to be 100% honest with you, it's not great. Remember university is a lot harder and requires a lot more work, perhaps look at apprenticeships?
Last edited by Gb1917; 1 week ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
For an extended diploma then its equivalent to something like DEE at A level. It is the lowest pass mark you can get.

Its worth 48 points and most of the poor unis require at least 80, 96, 104, 112 points.
It puts you in a very difficult situation and am not sure I would proceed to university, but would reappraise my academic capabilities. It might be better to do something like an access course rather than using limited HE funding at any uni that might take you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed