Second degree (part-time) tuition fee and maintenance loans 2019/20

Watch
stephenmb-d
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,I am wanting to study BSc Computing part-time from September 2019 could you point me to the regulations that specify that STEM courses are exempt from the ELQ legislation. I spoke to someone on the phone at Student Finance England who did not seem to be aware of the legislative changes that came in for 2018/19 students. I want to be able to challenge the staff at Student Finance England if they make a mistake with the tuition fee funding and maintenance loan application. From experience staff in anything to do with Higher Education are not trained up properly until legal action has been taken to challenge a decision made! Just want to be prepared.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stephenmb-d)
Hi,I am wanting to study BSc Computing part-time from September 2019 could you point me to the regulations that specify that STEM courses are exempt from the ELQ legislation. I spoke to someone on the phone at Student Finance England who did not seem to be aware of the legislative changes that came in for 2018/19 students. I want to be able to challenge the staff at Student Finance England if they make a mistake with the tuition fee funding and maintenance loan application. From experience staff in anything to do with Higher Education are not trained up properly until legal action has been taken to challenge a decision made! Just want to be prepared.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/20/made
stephenmb-d
Rep:
?
Hi,The legislation states the following courses: is a course in agriculture and related subjects, biological sciences, mathematical sciences, physical sciences or veterinary sciences (or a combination of those subjects);It does not include computer sciences, technology and engineering this is in earlier legislation that came in previously but where exactly is this referenced in legislation? That is what I need to refer to it Student Finance England get it wrong.
stephenmb-d
Rep:
?
Hi,

A lot of information on the web mentions ELQ legislation and course exemption it suggests the legislation was originally changed for 2015/16 entry for computer science and technology course can you find the specific legislative reference. I can quote this back to Student Finance England. I wanted your expertise and help to find the specific legislative reference as you had helped a lot of other students before. It also mentions on the web that the course needs to have a JACS code specific to show it is ELQ exempt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads