Procrastination Problems: What would you do? Watch

LegallyJasmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have a huge, huge procrastination problem. Like I know everyone procrastinates but for me, it has come to a point where I have put off work for 3 months. I think it has to do with the fact that I am so obsessed with the idea of making my work perfect and a bit of anxiety (and also a bit of laziness). It has come to a very dangerous point as I need to meet my offers and all my important work which I have had months to do I need to start and finish in like a few days.

What do I do? How do you get over procrastination problems? I can get it done in a few hours my problem isn't with the writing but with my 'perfectionism' and focus I guess
bethanyfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have something at the end of your goal to motivate you.
Break work into chunks so it's not as daunting.
If you're worried about it being perfect, maybe say to yourself that you will do a "draft" version first if it is an essay or something similar - that way you know you're going to have to improve it so it doesn't need to be perfect just yet.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have the same problem.

Break your work down into tiny manageable chunks and plan your days in advance (i.e. today I will do chunks x, y and z...). Remove yourself from comforting surroundings (e.g. leave your house and go to a library or somewhere where you feel more pressure to actually work).

Good luck!
(Original post by LegallyJasmine)
I have a huge, huge procrastination problem. Like I know everyone procrastinates but for me, it has come to a point where I have put off work for 3 months. I think it has to do with the fact that I am so obsessed with the idea of making my work perfect and a bit of anxiety (and also a bit of laziness). It has come to a very dangerous point as I need to meet my offers and all my important work which I have had months to do I need to start and finish in like a few days.

What do I do? How do you get over procrastination problems? I can get it done in a few hours my problem isn't with the writing but with my 'perfectionism' and focus I guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed