The Student Room Group

comparisson essay on war photographer and remains

i need urgent help to compare the two poems and write an essay
have you got any points of your own down so far?
Reply 2
Conflict in war photographer and remains is presented to be similar as the two narrators find their experiences of conflict (war) very difficult. In remains we have a physical and violent act in which a soldier is suffering from ptsd opens fire at a looter with his comrades , whereas in war photographer the narrator struggles to continue with his job of capturing horrific images of war and its effects he is particularly distressed by the way the public has viewed these images “they do not care .“
In the poem remains Armitage describes a soldier shooting at a looter unsure on whether they are armed or not “possibly armed possibly not.” The memory of that act caused by conflict is constantly on replay mode in the back of that soldiers mind he constantly replays over the act and asks himself the same question every time was it the right choice to make “he’s here in my head when I close my eyes. "The soldier is left with ptsd a constant reminder he tells himself he’s responsible for that man's life as Armitage states in the poem “his bloody life in my bloody hands.”
i have this so far

Original post by entertainmyfaith
have you got any points of your own down so far?
Original post by cbs14
Conflict in war photographer and remains is presented to be similar as the two narrators find their experiences of conflict (war) very difficult. In remains we have a physical and violent act in which a soldier is suffering from ptsd opens fire at a looter with his comrades , whereas in war photographer the narrator struggles to continue with his job of capturing horrific images of war and its effects he is particularly distressed by the way the public has viewed these images “they do not care .“
In the poem remains Armitage describes a soldier shooting at a looter unsure on whether they are armed or not “possibly armed possibly not.” The memory of that act caused by conflict is constantly on replay mode in the back of that soldiers mind- he constantly replays over the act and asks himself the same question every time was it the right choice to make, saying “he’s here in my head when I close my eyes. "The soldier is left with ptsd a constant reminder he tells himself he’s responsible for that man's life as Armitage states in the poem “his bloody life in my bloody hands.”
i have this so far

good start so far. so you've mentioned the idea of responsibility within remains- can you find any examples of this within war photographer? and can you compare how it's portrayed in both poems?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending