The Student Room Group

exam stress and weight

hey tsr, hope this post is allowed.

im studying for my final year of a levels doing history, biology, and psychology, with two part time jobs, volunteering, friends from high school, friends from college. Basically, I've got a lot going on and I'm having trouble sustaining it.

I checked my BMI this morning out of boredom, and its 16.5. (context Im a girl whos 5'10 and 8 stone 5lb) This seems really low to me, like dangerously low. All my ribs and spine stick out, I have NO boobs, and I'm constantly lightheaded. I was overweight when I was younger, so I knew I'd lost weight but not to that extent lol, I thought it was still normal.

ANYWAY, just wondering if anyone elses weight or physical health takes a hit with the run up to exams or anyone else had a big weight loss or gain in sixth form. Or if maybe if its a sign of a bigger problem, what i should do about it.

At least until the actual exams I can't make any massive changes to my diet and lifestyle, but I also don't want to get properly sick, any easy to implement advice whether you've been through the same thing or not would b great. My sisters advice was when u go uni u get fat anyway but thats not too helpful atm. just want to be healthy xo
gonna bump my own post
I'm in the similarish boat as you

I'm healthy weight at 21 BMI but wanna lose and get to 18 cos I've gained crazy this month

It's really easy to graze on junk when studying maybe you could try calorie dense food like peanut butter and cheese on crackers

Quick Reply

Latest