16&never been kissed&never been to a house party Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So I’m feeling a bit depressed recently because I’m 16 and never been kissed and also have never been to a house party. I look at everyone in my school and on the weekends they’re at parties and I’m not and that’s kinda where most ppl kiss people aswell. I’ve had guys like me but not that i like enough to start a relationship with. There was also this guy at the start of the year who I sat next to in a lesson and liked but the seating plan changed and so I can’t speak to him and it’s too late to snapchat him or anything Cas it’d be weird because we don’t talk anymore. I really don’t wanna feel down about it all and want to focus on exams and stuff but recently I can’t stop thinking about it and Im feelin kinda depressed. Please help/ give me advice
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
I’m a lad and I didn’t get drunk until I was 17 and kiss someone until I was 18, and I was very popular in high school and sixth form, times have changed massively tho, don’t worry
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Maybe try dating apps. The standard advice people give is "dating apps are bad, don't use them" but if you're not outgoing enough to meet people then they might be worth a go.
username4379398
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m feeling a bit depressed recently because I’m 16 and never been kissed and also have never been to a house party. I look at everyone in my school and on the weekends they’re at parties and I’m not and that’s kinda where most ppl kiss people aswell. I’ve had guys like me but not that i like enough to start a relationship with. There was also this guy at the start of the year who I sat next to in a lesson and liked but the seating plan changed and so I can’t speak to him and it’s too late to snapchat him or anything Cas it’d be weird because we don’t talk anymore. I really don’t wanna feel down about it all and want to focus on exams and stuff but recently I can’t stop thinking about it and Im feelin kinda depressed. Please help/ give me advice
Didn’t you say you was in year 13?
Analyst89
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You're only 16.

Relax, you have plenty of time for that.

As you get older you can try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs, going to bars, coffee shops, meeting guys through education, work, from your circle, network and going out.
----_----
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I was in the exact same position a couple years ago. I had my first kiss at 17, it was awkward lmao and weird and i felt like i was a stupid 13 year old because i had no idea what i was doing. I also went to my first house party a month before turning 18. Since then ive been to so many. I was really depressed that i never went out and did teenage things and i was scrolling through reddit one time and i saw a post about what i was feeling. The reply has stuck with me since and it basically said you cant regret not doing something you never had the choice to do. Instead of hating myself for not going to parties i sort accepted that its the way things are and its not my fault for never having been invited. idk how to word things but yeh. Dw about it. I started it all after most people but ive also had so much more fun than most people
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Didn't go to my first house party till I was 17 and yet to have my first kiss.
It's not a big deal
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
trust me its very much overrated.

I did everything and more from the age of 14-16 and I don't think it has been as good of an experience as you'd expect. I kind of regret my choices because I could have gone down a very bad path if I had continued to do as I used to. Going to house parties, having relationships and sexual interactions are all overrated. I know it can get lonely sometimes but those things are a social construct that you want to be a part of so you can belong. Just really try to find yourself first and then think about trying to find someone else for a relationship and whatnot.

Sorry this doesn't help much lol :rofl:

helped me more than you probably
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m feeling a bit depressed recently because I’m 16 and never been kissed and also have never been to a house party. I look at everyone in my school and on the weekends they’re at parties and I’m not and that’s kinda where most ppl kiss people aswell. I’ve had guys like me but not that i like enough to start a relationship with. There was also this guy at the start of the year who I sat next to in a lesson and liked but the seating plan changed and so I can’t speak to him and it’s too late to snapchat him or anything Cas it’d be weird because we don’t talk anymore. I really don’t wanna feel down about it all and want to focus on exams and stuff but recently I can’t stop thinking about it and Im fxeelin kinda depressed. Please help/ give me advice

Oh Yeah- exact same - even with the seating thing as well. I just keep on reminding myself that we're only 16 - it's stupid when you think about - we're 16 - we're to young to stress about stuff like this!
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I never been to a house party when I was 16. My first official one was when I was 18 and lost my virginity at - I turned out okay...ish. My ex best friend lost his virginity at 24! We get pressurised into we should do this and that by certain ages due to social gratifications. The age of people settling down is a lot younger for example but also the divorce rate has increased and someone also being a single parent! Someone who is doing something at 16 when you are not, can make us feel left out but your time will come?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (114)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.21%
No- I want it (54)
28.13%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.29%

Watched Threads