Shall I do an environmental science degree or an earth science degree?

Watch this thread
Unii123
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a strong interest in the earths processes and environmental issues. Also i like looking at how different countries deal with things such as climate change. I understand these courses are fairly similar so I would like to know a bit more about them. Also I am a bit worried as I did not do a science at A Level so I just don't want a degree that is too overwhelming for me.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Unii123)
I have a strong interest in the earths processes and environmental issues. Also i like looking at how different countries deal with things such as climate change. I understand these courses are fairly similar so I would like to know a bit more about them. Also I am a bit worried as I did not do a science at A Level so I just don't want a degree that is too overwhelming for me.
Assuming this is the UK you're talking about, I'm not aware of any Earth Sciences or Environmental Science courses that will accept applicants without two sciences at A Level - this is something you should probably check first. If you're sincere about wanting to study a science subject at university but you haven't taken any sciences at A Level, you might want to consider taking a foundation year first.

Putting that aside, neither an Earth Sciences degree nor an Environmental Science degree will focus on how countries deal with climate change because that's a question of geography and economics, not science. An Environmental Science degree will probably have more content on current environmental problems however, Earth Sciences is more concerned with how physical and chemical planetary processes work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads