RE Help pls!!! Watch

mmcl0804
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
“People cannot show the love of Trinity through mission”
Has anyone got any ideas of arguments for and against this statement??
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mmcl0804)
“People cannot show the love of Trinity through mission”
Has anyone got any ideas of arguments for and against this statement??
That's a GCSE question?! I would struggle to get some undergraduates to answer that.

Give us some sort of context here, please. Is this a question about different Christian understandings of evangelism? Or a more theological discussion about the nature of God in Trinity? God's love enacted by God's people?
mmcl0804
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
That's a GCSE question?! I would struggle to get some undergraduates to answer that.

Give us some sort of context here, please. Is this a question about different Christian understandings of evangelism? Or a more theological discussion about the nature of God in Trinity? God's love enacted by God's people?
Triune God
MxRie2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mmcl0804)
Triune God
I don’t know if it’s right but I had a few ideas:
The Bible states that “God is love” therefore by showing love to people through missionary works it can enact the love of God. Jesus tells christians to love others as he has loved them (ie. by dying on the cross) therefore one could argue that it is possible to show the love of the trinity through mission

An argument against could be perhaps, we are human therefore we are sinners. God is divine, holy and all loving therefore it is very difficult as mere mortals to express the love of God through missionary. God gave his only begotten son to die for Christians to show his love for humanity however if you think about it how many humans would sacrifice their own child to show love for others? You could argue that because we are humans we cannot possibly enact the love of God.

Another argument you could put forward is that the trinity is very complicated. God is three in one and even Christians struggle to understand this concept. God is beyond human understanding therefore we may never be able to understand the love of trinity. If we can’t understand it how can we replicate it?

Lastly, one can argue that God had given
Christians the gift of the Holy spirit which descended on the day of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit is the unseen work of God on earth. Christians believe that when they go on missionaries they are guided by the Holy Spirit therefore God will help them show the love of the trinity. In the Bible it states that with God all things are possible, therefore we can show the love of the trinity through mission with the help of God.

I’m sorry I went off on a tangent, hopefully some parts will be a bit useful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by MxRie2; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%