In my second year and not really enjoying uni accommodation Watch

Exhale99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi everyone I’m in my second year of university and I love my course and have made some lovely friends whilst being at uni. However I still struggle to enjoy living in uni accommodation. Well there’s nothing wrong with the accommodation- it’s safe, comfortable, handy and everyone is really nice. The problem is me - I just feel so bored and always can’t wait to come home. I know you’re probably thinking this girl clearly doesn’t do anything to help herself but I do have a social life and good friends and am involved in stuff. But I still can’t seem to enjoy it. Throughout the week I do get on ok but still quite bored. But when i’m heading back to my accommodation I just feel a bit deflated and quite irritated. Sometimes I get into a bad mood - surely this couldn’t be good? You see I would like to travel next year but my parents are happier that I stay in my accommodation and i do see their point - it’s handy and I have made nice friends and it has helped me mature as a person. However I’m only classes in less than 10 hours a week. Sorry for this long spiel I’m just feeling frustrated and would appreciate some advice.
Many thanks !
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Exhale99)
Hi everyone I’m in my second year of university and I love my course and have made some lovely friends whilst being at uni. However I still struggle to enjoy living in uni accommodation. Well there’s nothing wrong with the accommodation- it’s safe, comfortable, handy and everyone is really nice. The problem is me - I just feel so bored and always can’t wait to come home. I know you’re probably thinking this girl clearly doesn’t do anything to help herself but I do have a social life and good friends and am involved in stuff. But I still can’t seem to enjoy it. Throughout the week I do get on ok but still quite bored. But when i’m heading back to my accommodation I just feel a bit deflated and quite irritated. Sometimes I get into a bad mood - surely this couldn’t be good? You see I would like to travel next year but my parents are happier that I stay in my accommodation and i do see their point - it’s handy and I have made nice friends and it has helped me mature as a person. However I’m only classes in less than 10 hours a week. Sorry for this long spiel I’m just feeling frustrated and would appreciate some advice.
Many thanks !
I'm not really sure what the issue is. Is it that you're homesick? Do you not do enough to fill your time?

What about home makes it more appealing than your accommodation (except for the presence of your family)? What do you do at home that you don't do at uni?
EuropaLiverpool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Good Afternoon,
Would you not consider looking into other activities taking place within your University?. There are usually so many to choose from.
Or even speak to your accommodation team and ask if they need any help with events on site. This may help you to meet more peolpe on your accommodation site rather than just at University.
I know that lots of our students like to come along to the office for a cup of tea and a chat on a daily basis. Maybe you could try this with your on site team.
Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads