Ellieshem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I attended an interview for ual Fashion hair and makeup course and was given a ‘verbal offer’ I guess, but I’m nervously waiting for UCAS to update. On my ual portal it says ‘pending UCAS update’. Does anybody know what this means or how long it will take to get my official offer through?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ellieshem)
I attended an interview for ual Fashion hair and makeup course and was given a ‘verbal offer’ I guess, but I’m nervously waiting for UCAS to update. On my ual portal it says ‘pending UCAS update’. Does anybody know what this means or how long it will take to get my official offer through?
When was your interview?

there’s a whole bunch of applicants posting in the university of the arts london forum. But if you’re worried it’s perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask them when your verbal offer will come through on Track.
Alex621
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
mine just changed to 'pending ucas update' too, but i wasn't told at interview if i'd got an offer or not :/ not sure if it says pending regardless of if you've got an offer or not. i noticed on the homepage it's now given me an IT username too, so i'm praying it means i've been accepted :lol:
chloemassie16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
pending means it will take up to four days to come through or at least this was the case for me. It means that ual have decided and have notified UCAS
Ellieshem
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I got my offer two days ago now through UCAS !
alishaebonnie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I’m going to Lcf to do the Hair and Makeup for Fashion course this month and I’m looking for other applicants that are doing the course too, are you doing the course? X
theopistou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i’m thinking of doing this course next year. do you think its really hard to get into? i’ve been studying hair styling for the past 2 years so i don’t think that gains me ucas points but i’ve been a part of fashion weeks and event hair. i’m worrying if i don’t have a good chance and they won’t accept me
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theopistou)
hi, i’m thinking of doing this course next year. do you think its really hard to get into? i’ve been studying hair styling for the past 2 years so i don’t think that gains me ucas points but i’ve been a part of fashion weeks and event hair. i’m worrying if i don’t have a good chance and they won’t accept me
Hi there!

Exciting times ahead for you!

Normally, UCAS points are done out of formality. UAL often accept students on the standard of their portfolio and work they've done that's relevant to the course. Just make sure your portfolio is at its best and personal statement includes all the hard work you've done during fashion weeks (also, it'll be good to document them as they can be included in your portfolio - make sure they're photographed in the best way possible! High quality and styled nicely).

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the Best,
Charlene
Student Rep.
Emily21772177
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How long did it take for you to get a reply for interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (6)
21.43%
Spring (6)
21.43%
Autumn/Fall (7)
25%
Winter (5)
17.86%
I love them all equally (4)
14.29%