Jeremy zed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey Guys!

I am an international student who is currently studying in Canada, and I have received conditional offers from Warwick to pursue Economics.

But I believe my passion has always been PPE instead. I was able to gain the support of my parents to switch to Warwick's PPE course recently.

I have heard how prestigious the Warwick Economics course is, in comparison is Warwick PPE course on par with that? (i.e., Warwick econ is consistently ranked as one of the best econ courses within the country) Is Warwick PPE ranked in a similar position? (better than Durham, UCL, KCL, LSE, York etc.)

Will switch to PPE impact my job prospects within industries such as IB or consultancy in the UK?

Thank you so much!
Last edited by Jeremy zed; 2 years ago
Ronak134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whether you do PPE or Economics your economics courses will be taught by the same department so dont wrry about prestige. Neither will it impact your proposed career.

You should interrogate why you want to study PPE as opposed to Economics. What do you like about the other two subjects? They are different beasts.
NM232323
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm predicted A*A*A and EPQ pending
my gcses were 98888777777 B so not great

I applied for epais a week ago but thought my gcses may bring me down

can I get an offer still
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.65%
I need help researching courses (11)
6.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.82%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.77%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.49%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.81%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise