The Student Room Group

I think my body is giving up

I am a 15 year old girl and already my body is giving up on me. It has been three years since i have been experiencing abdominal pain, rib pain where they feel like they are breaking, chest pain as well as pains in my vagina. there is also times where i feel like i can't breathe. First it just started with the abdominal pain, sharp stabbing pains that would shoot up my body and make me crunch over in agony. There's even times that i have pains and i stand up and it shoots up my vagina, although i have only experienced that once or twice and i don't want to again. The first year that i got abdominal pains, my mum wouldn't take me to a doctor because she thought it was period pain. It then escalated to rib pains and me struggling to breathe because the pain was that bad. I have had multiple ultra-sounds and all they found was a cyst on my right ovary but they couldn't do anything about it because it was under 5cm and the cyst was 4cm. There was one time after a ultra-sound where i was admitted to emergency because they said that my ovary was contorted and the Fallopian tubes were cutting blood supply to my ovary. I went to the hospital, ended up getting an internal examination (which was very uncomfortable btw) and sent me home because i didn't have pains at the time. (sorry i forgot to add that my pains come and go and they come unexpectedly). On the way home i was crying because i'm always in pain but whenever i'm at the doctors or hospital it doesn't come so they always send me home without believing me that i'm in pain. I went back to the doctors and told them about my abdominal pain and they made me go to the hospital and in the end i got my appendix out. I was in hospital for 5 days and a day after surgery i was in pain because of my cramps so clearly it wasn't my appendix, results came back and the surgeon says that i didn't have appendicitis but yet i had a neuroendocrine tumor growing on it. The surgeon said that if i didn't have pains they probably wouldn't of found that, although they said it was too small to start giving me pains. I also have a sweating condition called Hyperhydrosis that is in my hands and underarms (i am currently taking medication). I feel like my hearing and eye sight has gotten bad in the past year and i'm not sure if this has anything to do with this but i'm adding everything in. These pains are affecting my life because i can't go to work if i'm in pain cause i am operating machinery. But if i'm at work and get the pains i have no choice but to suck it up and serve a customer even though i could be crying on the inside. I am having constant migraines and i never usually got them, i have only just started getting them. I also feel like sometimes i am on the verge of passing out when i'm at school even though i have been eating and staying hydrated, this also happens when i'm at home. I have been put on the pill, i have been taking several medications that haven't taken the pain away at all. Not even endone. I can't sleep most nights and if i do i will wake up at a ridiculous hour in the morning having to lay in fetal position crying because i'm in pain. I hate showing my mum that i'm in pain, and these pains are literally draining me. Medications are making me drowsy therefore i will fall asleep at school but yet i can't sleep at night. i started taking a medication that helped chronic pain and would help me sleep i feel like it only worked for nights and then wore off. I had to stop those tablets as well because of side effects. I feel depressed there was a time where i did want to end it all, but i do feel like i'm getting that negative side away. i have started getting big red circles on my chest and neck that is not itchy and all my friends notice it and ask what happened. When i get pains at school i feel like no one understands what i actually go through because they think that its just period pain and makes me very angry and upset. And there is times that my friends complain about period pain even though that i told them about my issue and nothing relates to what i go through. I dance, but recently everytime i dance my hands feel swollen and tight like there is no blood getting to my hand. After every ultra-sound and blood test the doctors say that nothing looks abnormal and one time a doctor said that maybe this is just how my body is. But i know its not! It can't just be my body being normal like this, what i'm going through is not normal. I have changed doctors multiple times because i feel like like don't listen to me properly. But i have found a lovely doctor that is trying to help me as best as she can and i feel very comfortable with her, i also have a doctors appointment tomorrow so i'll see what she says. Last time i went she said i may need to get more keyhole surgery.

I'm very sorry if this doesn't make any sense but i just wanted to let out my issue to see if anyone may have any ideas on what this may be because i am seriously desperate!
Honestly, the doctor is the one best placed to help you. Asking on TSR most likely won't give you the solution sadly.

Quick Reply

Latest