em263626
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I started a degree in French and Politics in September but I ended up dropping the French in the first few weeks as I found juggling two subjects too much and didn't like the French teaching style at my uni. I was also finding it hard to make friends as there were different people in all of my classes, whereas I seemed to click with the people in politics straight away. So I switched to Politics and International Relations which I have been enjoying and am doing well in but I'm really starting to regret dropping French. I've always loved languages and want to move to France after uni but I think going straight to uni after A Levels without taking a gap year made me sort of fall out of love with French a bit as I had worked so hard to do well in it at A Level. Now I'm not really sure what to do. I always imagined myself graduating with a languages degree and now I won't I feel lost and like I'm betraying myself. I'm not sure if I should have given myself longer to settle into French and maybe then I would have ended up enjoying it. I don't really want to drop out and start again on a French degree but it doesn't feel right not doing French. I'm worried I've made a big mistake dropping French that I will regret forever has anyone else been in a similar position of not being sure their degree is right for them?
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can’t you just minor in French? Or take French electives ?
It doesn’t have to be your major because by the end of it, you will have to take a standardised language exam anyway for you to work or study there. So just take electives
em263626
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Can’t you just minor in French? Or take French electives ?
It doesn’t have to be your major because by the end of it, you will have to take a standardised language exam anyway for you to work or study there. So just take electives
Unfortunately my uni doesntd allow me to take French as a minor/elective which is shame, but thanks anyway!
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by em263626)
Unfortunately my uni doesntd allow me to take French as a minor/elective which is shame, but thanks anyway!
Why not study French at your university languages centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%