Hectrim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone!

I have just accepted my offer to study at Plymouth University in September (2019). I have started to look into Accommodation, and whilst I was at the applicant day, I took a look at Beckley Point. It's a really nice place. But I do have one question:

Are they really strict on the 'Uni Life' there? E.g. No drinking, no having people round for pre-drinks, not being too loud - Basically just not having the freedom to have a bit of fun every now and then.

Im not sure why, but I just got that vibe when I had a tour of the place. Everything was immaculate - I know this isn't a bad thing, but most student accommodations dont look like this haha.

Thank you!
Last edited by Hectrim; 1 year ago
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hectrim)
Hi everyone!

I have just accepted my offer to study at Plymouth University in September (2019). I have started to look into Accommodation, and whilst I was at the applicant day, I took a look at Beckley Point. It's a really nice place. But I do have one question:

Are they really strict on the 'Uni Life' there? E.g. No drinking, no having people round for pre-drinks, not being too loud - Basically just not having the freedom to have a bit of fun every now and then.

Im not sure why, but I just got that vibe when I had a tour of the place. Everything was immaculate - I know this isn't a bad thing, but most student accommodations dont look like this haha.

Thank you!
Hi Hectrim,

Congratulations on your offer! Are you excited for September?

I have just spoken on a live chat with The Student Housing Company about this. They have said:

Hi, we aren't strict like that. We want the students to enjoy the time that they are. So they can drink etc we just ask that they are respectful of others if making noise. We have staff on 24 hours a day, that's why it looks the way it does. if students make lots of mess we ask that they do tidy it up but we go around after and put everything back together. We are all for everyone having fun and we even hold our events for the students and provide drinks and food.

I hope this helps to answer your question Please let me know if you have any further queries

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Vikt0rija
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If you're still stuck, let me know. I'm currently at Beckley
(Original post by Hectrim)
Hi everyone!

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.9%
No (507)
66.1%

Watched Threads