The Student Room Group

Urdang academy and bird college

Do schools like urdang academy and bird college care about what grades you get before you attend the school ?
It depends what course you go onto, for their degrees courses you need grades. For Urdang's Degree you need three c's at A level (or equivalent) as well as a C in GCSE English (or equivalent). As for Bird's Degree you need 2 C's at A level and that's all you need I think. As for three year Diploma at both schools, they don't have any requirements when it comes to grades. I don't know if you even need GCSE's (double check this with the college though). When it comes to Degree's at these schools you can also get an Unconditional Offer (which means grades don't matter), this happens very rarely. Usually between 1 to 3 unconditional offers a year. I think they have to stay strict with grades because of UCAS. Although they have bent the rules in the past and admitted people onto the Degree who had lower grades than the initial requirements.
Bird College

Level 6 Professional Diploma - You just need 4 GCSE's. I'd check with the college whether you need maths & English Grade 4/C. There is a requirement for students to have passed or be working towards these grades and not all of the vocational colleges have the aademic facilities to facilitate re-sits. Bird doesn't specically state this.

BA Hons Degree - 64 UCAS points at A Level or equivalent with a minimum of two C grades

Urdang

Level 6 Professional Diploma - Grade 4/C in English & Maths GCSE

BA Hons Degree - 80 UCAS points at A level or equivalent and Grade 4/C in English Language

Quick Reply