Hi James :wink:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You got that right G :wink:

I'm not worried cos I know my lord and saviour Yoda will protect me

I feel like this thread has gone waaay off topic :biggrin:
That's just what me and Groot do y'know, we derail threads for a living

Word :rolleyes:

I feel like I've become addicted to TSR again. Right after I stopped using it for a few months :biggrin:
Thou shalt have waffles for breakfast, drizzled with maple syrup along with a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

Spoiler

I think you need to go to rehab G. C'mon, I'll go with you for support :console:

Yeah alright, we will both go, but it'll only take an instant since an instant for you is a long time for me if I want it to be, you see... :cool:
First date with God WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Finnnneeee, just this once.

But you're buying dinner :tongue:
For God, anything :love:

:hugs:

I must go now as I have business elsewhere.

Goodnight now. Stay safe :flute:
Original post by Mactotaur
So by stockpiling, aren't you contributing to a food shortage? You're creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Actually no - it's panic buying that creates a food shortage. Pepple stocking up sensibly now (buying a little extra at a time) allows the shops to replenish their stocks in the normal way. "Prepping" in this context is just like having a good old fashioned larder - if there is any problem with food supply, you have a buffer. Possible Brexit shortages are just one example - think snow or floods. And don't think things like this don't happen. I remember the problems caused by the fuel strikes a number of years ago - no fuel mean no lorries delivering!!! Always worth having a couple of weeks basics if you have space.
Goodnight God, I'll try :jumphug:

God doesn't sleep...
:eek: How? Is he like a wizard? Cos that is some wizarding sh*t right there.

Well, put it this way. I rarely sleep.
So it isn't anything new....
God only sleeps when the world loses its mind and likes pictures of eggs....
XD
Original post by Charlotte's Web
As Brexit approaches, many people are choosing to make extra preparations in light of potential disruptions to food supply. For some people this means a few extra tins in the cupboard, for others it goes as far as renting storage units and having hidden stocks. Whilst I'm not quite at that extreme, I can say that I am definitely prepping for Brexit. It's not for everyone, but numbers are growing quickly - I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

What is prepping?
Prepping (coming from preparation, preparedness) is essentially the act of stockpiling food, drinks and household goods in case of emergency or crisis. The most common prepping items are food and drinks. Generally people will stockpile foods that are stored at ambient temperatures and have a long shelf-life.

What are we preparing for?
Hopefully nothing! Preppers are generally preparing for any sort of unexpected event that disrupts the supply of their daily essentials for living. This could be a natural disaster, petrol shortage, extreme weather or civil unrest. The whole point of prepping is for survival, and to make that survival as comfortable as possible.

Are you prepping for Brexit? What do you think of prepping? What do you want to know about being a prepper?

Are you Prepper Pig?
Are you God too?!

Wait, I've been liking pictures of eggs recently so does that mean...GOD IS ACC SLEEPING OH MY WOW

Holy Damn
Why tho? I did a whole speech on how society is losing its mind because of eggs
When one God sleeps, another is awake. Somewhere...
Original post by Vinny C
Are you Prepper Pig?

Salt and Prepper
Language, God will hear you! :angry:
Cos I like eggs, liking pictures of eggs helps me get back to sleep after waking up from terrible nightmares
The thing is tho, God told me that there is only one God so...yeah...how do I put this...I'M PREGNANT DAVE!

Ik, I can hear myself
There is only one God. But that is short for there is only one God at one time.... XD
whoever dave is but ok
Pfft peasant, you're not God, you're God's father which is even better than being God
And that God is me :u: KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!
You're Dave and I'm pregnant with your baby :redface:

So God now has babies..........
I didn't even know I was with you in any way
But ok how many months?
No, God's father has a baby, the baby being you. Unfortunately God hasn't found a wife yet.
Well ya do now! :excited:
5 months pregnant as of today...that means it's our honeymoon!

So God had a baby without a woman
Ooh what we doing?
time flies too fast
God's father did. I mean it is possible, God and his father can do anything right?
We're doing each other :perv:
It sure does boo

I guess...

Spoiler

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Not doing anything extra in terms of stockpiling in case of a no deal Brexit. Finally we hear news of Labour moving closer to back a 2nd referendum. They will be putting up their amendment to May's botched Brexit deal (most likely defeated) and likely to vote for the Cooper-Letwin amendment to avoid no deal Brexit by basically extending Article 50 to allow more time for negotiations/amendments to May's deal. Failure of that will (hopefully) lead to Labour backing a People's Vote. I know how I'd vote ...

I guess that's the ideal scenario but probably not something we can rely upon. If the country voted to leave once, they could easily do it again.

Original post by LeapingLucy
No, but my parents are so if the worst comes to the worst I'll pop on a train home until there's food in the supermarkets again.

My parents have stockpiled pasta, tinned peaches, tinned tomatoes etc. They've also got at least a 6 months' supply of toilet paper piled up in the garage because apparently the pulp is made in Europe...

That's good, it's easier to prep if you have more space at home. I read about the toilet paper pulp mostly coming from Sweden so bought some extra. That's certainly not something I'd like to be without.

Original post by ap.ferro
Why do you think there will be a problem with food supplies? Coutnries outside the EU in europe (switzerland, albania, norway etc) are fine. are you really that brainwashed by propoganda?

I don't think that there will be a problem. I'm ensuring I'm prepared on the off chance that there are issues in the short term, which I think is quite possible.

Original post by HungryNiceGuy
Uh what exactly would happen if we didn't 'prep' ?
And why anyway? Brexit shouldn't cause this

Probably nothing - but I prefer to be safe than sorry. Brexit shouldn't cause a major issue but there is a possibility it might impact stock or prices, and if that does happen I'd rather have plenty of supplies at home.

Quick Reply

Latest