The Student Room Group

I'm prepping for Brexit, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
For the record, How many times have the US, Russia, China and British plus the rest of NATO butted heads with each other, and not once has anyone made a post about stockpiling food.....?

Please, feel free to answer this.
I agree it's sensible. The government is anticipating 6 months of food shortages. Most food (we import about 50%) goes through Dover, which will be gridlocked if there is no deal. In the longer term, the food industry is expecting prices to rocket up. E.g. meat to cost twice as much.
Glad you included that paragraph on prepping, would never have known what it means otherwise.
Do people really not get that Switzerland and Norway have a very close relationship with the EU? We will have no trade deal at all. And almost no trade deals with any other countries in the world. And, as some people obviously haven't noticed yet, we're an island, so when the customs at Dover are clogged up with all the new admin needed we can't just easily add lots of alternative routes to speed things up. Some of you obviously don't read anything except Farage propaganda in the right wing press.
Honestly I don’t think stuff like food is really worth prepping for, you can’t realistically defend a stash from desperate people while unarmed.

Sensible prepping :-
- Putting your money into a safe & stable have ,
- Having a shortlist of countries where you and your skills would be welcomed should the proverbial ship sink.
- Research about immigration procedures to said countries and the best way to liquidate your assets in the UK quickly.

- Carry on otherwise as normal but have a plan B you can swiftly implement (like Dyson and other companies).
Hi - I'm a Journalist based in Birmingham, I'm looking into Brexit Stockpiling - why it's important and why it should be taken seriously. Would you be happy to chat with me on the matter?
Whyyyy though

Quick Reply

Latest