V944817
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I am comparing between GradPad's Wood Lane and Griffon Studios. Which one is better, in terms of the place itself and communication to the South Kensington Campus? Most likely I will have classes in the morning, would the distance be a problem?

Suggesting other accommodation is appreciated. I am PG and I prefer private bathroom.

Thanks!
Tabath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would also be interested in any info. My daughter will be attending MSc CompSci and Engineering and has tasked me with investigating accomodation!
V944817
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tabath)
I would also be interested in any info. My daughter will be attending MSc CompSci and Engineering and has tasked me with investigating accomodation!
It seems too quiet here. Will she base in South Kensington campus? I have compared commute time and they're comparable but Griffon needs to rely on Clapham Junction station which is not a tube station. However, Wood Lane also needs to change line once with tube. No perfect answer here I guess.

Do you have other accommodation in mind?
Tabath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by V944817)
It seems too quiet here. Will she base in South Kensington campus? I have compared commute time and they're comparable but Griffon needs to rely on Clapham Junction station which is not a tube station. However, Wood Lane also needs to change line once with tube. No perfect answer here I guess.

Do you have other accommodation in mind?
Yes she'll be at Kensington campus. We are looking at Liberty (which looks good and has a number of locations) as a friends son has stayed in some of their accomodation elsewhere and they were impressed. However its undergraduate accom as well and my daughter is not that convinced that it won't therefore be noisy as her first year in halls at Durham was!
V944817
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Tabath)
Yes she'll be at Kensington campus. We are looking at Liberty (which looks good and has a number of locations) as a friends son has stayed in some of their accomodation elsewhere and they were impressed. However its undergraduate accom as well and my daughter is not that convinced that it won't therefore be noisy as her first year in halls at Durham was!
That's what I'm worried about private halls too because most of them are mixed. Other than GradPad, I'm not aware of other halls dedicated to postgraduates only.

However, you could email them and ask if they can try to arrange your daughter to share a flat with PG fellow but that cant be guaranteed though.
Last edited by V944817; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (126)
59.15%
No (46)
21.6%
Not sure (41)
19.25%

Watched Threads