The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Anyone know anyone who's been kicked out for poor attendance?

Was wondering if anyone (home students) actually has gotten kicked out for poor attendance?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by originalx
Was wondering if anyone (home students) actually has gotten kicked out for poor attendance?

Are you a UK or international student?
There was someone on yesterday who had been removed and had their visa revoked.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm a UK student. I haven't yet heard of a UK Student getting kicked out. I'm just curious since I recently got my Second Formal Warning.
I'm a UK student. I haven't yet heard of a UK Student getting kicked out. I'm just curious since I recently got my Second Formal Warning.

is this for uni or college or even secondary school
Yes ofc its possible because as you keep breaking rules then they escalate it otherwise theres no point in warning. Why are you not attending? Some unis dont care and others do.

Disciplinary action for not engaging with your studies

As part of the College's disciplinary procedures, you could be issued with a formal warning which can escalate to the termination of your registration at the College.

Assuming this is for university, since you posted it in the RHUL forum:

It may depend on what course you're doing - some courses have formal attendance requirements (e.g. clinical courses, those with lab sections or seminars; most courses in fact will have some content which attendance is mandatory for). They can terminate your place on the course though, so it's not an idle threat.

Why have you missed so many contact hours that you have had two formal warnings? There may be circumstances which would mean you would not be kicked off the course (but you might instead need to repeat the year).
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending