The Student Room Group

English Literature

Hi everyone,

I have been focussing on revising for my other 2 subjects and therefore havent touched english yet. I have the mock exam tommorow, it is on Hamlet and Ibsen & Rosseti comparison.

Can anyone give me some last minute english exam advice? Ways to write, things to do in the exam ect. would be much appreciated.

Reply 1
Just remember any key quotes/structural points that might be useful, just make sure in general you're familiar with the texts and understand the messages it's trying to get across, would recommend learning a few contextual things as well to throw in for an extra mark or too. Before my mocks I also looked up example essays to see what kind of things would be good to write about for different questions. In regards to structuring it, I always used PEEFWE as a rough guide (point, evidence, explain, furthermore, word level (analyse something specific in the quote used such as a word or technique), explain), try and make some points about quotes and some on structure as well, and I would stick to approx. 1 well explained point per 4 marks

Quick Reply

Latest