Biomed to dentistry!?!?!?

Watch this thread
Bkhtz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, i want to study biomed and then go into dentistry at kings. Is it possible and how hard is it :/
sc1u1698
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi! You can do biomed and then dentistry but I wouldn't recommend it and especially doing it in a Russel uni. It is very hard to get a 1st and to get into Graduate Dentistry as well. I am applying as a Graduate with a high 1st and got rejected pre-interview by 3/4 5 year Dentistry options to unis that don't look at all to UKCAT just because of competition.
Eyasmin
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hey there! I studied biomed and have been accepted into dental school!

I did not apply to King’s but so far I have an offer from Manchester and I am waiting to hear back from Bart’s and Plymouth.

I’d say that it comes down to hard work and being confident in interviews. Also, I applied to undergrad courses (more expensive) but there are more places so the competition is a little less than graduate dental courses (not by much though).

What is your reason for wanting to study biomed before dentistry? If you want to go to King’s in the end, I would make the most of your biomed studies by curating an outstanding personal statement and perhaps getting involved in research relating to dentistry.

Nothing is a guarantee in the world of dental and medical applications but if you are willing to try your best and it’s all you can see yourself doing then I would go for it (I mean, I did). Dental schools will always exist so if you don’t get in the first year you can always try again and do a MSc in the interim.

Just consider the following:

1. The extra time it will take
2. The extra money you will have to spend (if you do an undergrad do you have ways to pay for the tuition yourself?)
3. You are not guaranteed to get in - can you handle the ambiguity?
4. There are other dental schools you can apply to however, and would you do a masters if you didn’t get into King’s first time round?
5. Does king’s undergrad accept retakes of a-levels? (Maybe this could be an option?)

Best of luck with your future! PM if you want to ask any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.72%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.28%
No (116)
40%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed