Irwin Mitchell video interview Watch

jlma94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anyone completed the PLS video interview for Irwin Mitchell? All advice/any tips gratefully received!
bethc1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 19 hours ago
Hi, I completed it recently and managed to get an assessment centre which was nice! The only advice I can really give is breathing, practice before you start as there is no going back once you start it, do a practice question they offer, have a clear background, speak clearly, actually answer the question and not something you pre-planned! Smile, wear smart clothing and LOOK AT THE CAMERA as they will notice if you are staring somewhere else. This is literally just a chance for them to get to know you a little better, I know it seems daunting but it is normal and they are not there to trip you up! Which area is it for? Mine was for Sheffield My experience of the firm is that they are so lovely - this is my second year of applying and each year they have been amazing! Sorry if this is all too late which I suspect it is but let me know how it went!
(Original post by jlma94)
Has anyone completed the PLS video interview for Irwin Mitchell? All advice/any tips gratefully received!
jlma94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 hours ago
Thank you for your reply! The video interview went well and I have an assessment centre (for Manchester) tomorrow, how did yours go at Sheffield? Hope it went well! If you have any tips for the assessment centre that would be really helpful!
(Original post by bethc1998)
Hi, I completed it recently and managed to get an assessment centre which was nice! The only advice I can really give is breathing, practice before you start as there is no going back once you start it, do a practice question they offer, have a clear background, speak clearly, actually answer the question and not something you pre-planned! Smile, wear smart clothing and LOOK AT THE CAMERA as they will notice if you are staring somewhere else. This is literally just a chance for them to get to know you a little better, I know it seems daunting but it is normal and they are not there to trip you up! Which area is it for? Mine was for Sheffield My experience of the firm is that they are so lovely - this is my second year of applying and each year they have been amazing! Sorry if this is all too late which I suspect it is but let me know how it went!
bethc1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Hi wow, well done and good luck for tomorrow!! Honestly just be yourself at the assessment centre and don't overthink things. Remember to be professional but don't be robotic and just don't stress if you feel like it hasn't gone the best! I personally wasn't the happiest but 1) everyone thinks it hasn't gone the best - its human nature to panic a little and overthink things but also 2) no matter what happens it is an invaluable experience! + like I said they are lovely people! I think you will have the same HR woman we had as she is travelling and she is so funny and really puts you at ease!
(Original post by jlma94)
Thank you for your reply! The video interview went well and I have an assessment centre (for Manchester) tomorrow, how did yours go at Sheffield? Hope it went well! If you have any tips for the assessment centre that would be really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (161)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.71%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (124)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed